No announcement yet.

Muddy under feeders: Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can make the move to a directional corn feeder to get the corn out away from the actual feeder. The Texas Hunter Products Directional Corn Feeder will blow the corn 4 to 5 feet away from the feeder and out to 45-50 feet away. This way there is not a concentration of corn under the feeder for the pigs to make a mess.

Comment

Build a pin around your feeder. And put the feeder kinda on the edge, closest to you. So it slings corn outside of the pin, your hogs still can get the corn that goes outside-the deer are happy inside of pin non disturbed. That’s what I did in the pan handle. Hogs in deer are happy. So am I.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow Daddy View Post
        You say you can’t even tell as in the pigs tore it up so badly or can’t even tell because grass grew over nicely?
        Pigs would just break thru the concrete cap and make an even bigger mud hole.

Comment

I put bags of concrete into the water/mud home under my feeder. That fixed the issue. Hogs can't root up the concrete

Comment

Agree with the concrete. We have used it and it worked well.

Comment

Get a load or 2 delivered of Base it’s yellowish to white in color it holds up well and really makes night hunting great.

Comment

Working...
              X