No announcement yet.

Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the brochure it says at the check station. I don’t see that happening with 200 people.

Comment

Why wouldn't they do the meeting later in the afternoon or evening? Oh wait its the Feds haha

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
        Why wouldn't they do the meeting later in the afternoon or evening? Oh wait its the Feds haha
        Don't they allow scouting after orientation? That may be the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot92 View Post
          Don't they allow scouting after orientation? That may be the reason.
          It used to be that they allowed three days of scouting. Now you can only scout after the orientation. (Half an afternoon)

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
            It used to be that they allowed three days of scouting. Now you can only scout after the orientation. (Half an afternoon)

Dang! didn't know that - I wonder why they'd lessen the scouting time

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
              Dang! didn't know that - I wonder why they'd lessen the scouting time
              Because they can lol. I wondered the same thing. First year I hunted there, we scouted an entire day before orientation. Some scouted a couple days before. But now I have my spots and hunt the same areas so I don't need ot scout anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                Because they can lol. I wondered the same thing. First year I hunted there, we scouted an entire day before orientation. Some scouted a couple days before. But now I have my spots and hunt the same areas so I don't need ot scout anymore.
                How are scouting requirements like this enforced? This is a year round open park. How are they going to stop someone from scouting early?

Comment

Originally posted by thisisbeer View Post
                  How are scouting requirements like this enforced? This is a year round open park. How are they going to stop someone from scouting early?
                  True... Maybe try not looking like a hunter.

Comment

You can access the NWR all year long. Walking or biking. Just have to stay on the designated roads.

I doubt there will be anyone else out there.[emoji41] During the summer, there is no one present.

Use your public lands.

[emoji111]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

BC they are the ones with the gun and badge . I'm sure you can go out there, just don't go packing blinds and other hunting crap. Binos, backpack and go look around
                      Originally posted by Bigfoot92 View Post
                      True... Maybe try not looking like a hunter.
                      Haha yep, Plenty of bird watchers out there all year long.

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                      You can access the NWR all year long. Walking or biking. Just have to stay on the designated roads.

I doubt there will be anyone else out there.[emoji41] During the summer, there is no one present.

Use your public lands.

[emoji111]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      What GBludau said. you can go out there anytime. you just cant set up 'hunting' stuff before the allowed time frame. Scouting can be done all year long.

Comment

Do a lot of bird watching while riding bicycle

Comment

I just got put on the "Pending 2nd Draw" status on the exotic hunts for the 20+ year in a row on the rifle hunts at all the refuge hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                            I just got put on the "Pending 2nd Draw" status on the exotic hunts for the 20+ year in a row on the rifle hunts at all the refuge hunts.
                            Same here, pending 2nd draw of 17 hunts! At least I won a rifle permit for Laguna 1/10-1/12.

Keep the fingers crossed and the chins up!

Comment

Originally posted by TGKIL View Post
                              Same here, pending 2nd draw of 17 hunts! At least I won a rifle permit for Laguna 1/10-1/12.

Dude that's not an "at least" you drew a dang good hunt!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TGKIL View Post

Yes, at least you got one. I have never been drawn for a rifle hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X