Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATXmike79 View Post
    Nothing moving this morning, thought the wind & front would have them up and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was out yesterday and saw a young buck chasing two doe about 45-50 yards away but that's about it.

Comment

Will be heading out in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
        Will be heading out in the morning
        Good luck. Just sat all evening. Didnt see any critters til hiking back to the truck. Bumped 4 does out of tall grass. Saw a bunch of dove and heard a bunch of gunshots. Think im gonna take my shotgun to granger for some birds tomorrow instead.

Comment

Had a 2 doe at about 25 yards this morning, but didn’t have a clean shot at either.

Will see if they are living tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Aggie View Post
            Had a 2 doe at about 25 yards this morning, but didn’t have a clean shot at either.

Will see if they are living tomorrow morning.

Moving, not living.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Aggie View Post
              Moving, not living.

Hahaha. Seems like both descriptors work. Good luck!

Comment

Heading out now. Could not make it this morning.

Comment

The cold front had em moving Friday.

Video: Around 4:58 around 8 doe come into the clearing. Found the 2nd doe but not the first one. Considering that would have been the golden ticket, really bummed.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5btpz4qj6N0"]Hunt for Mr. Hollywood - The cold front got them moving - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

They started moving Friday
                    Attached Files

Comment

What do you guys think about this shot placement on that first doe? (see post #5588) It felt like a good shot but because I didn't recover her I'm second-guessing my placement. It was a full pass trough.

Comment

Looks like a money shot to me. We’re those rage? Maybe didn’t open up if no blood.

Comment

if anyone else has recovery issues, I have a blue tick hound and I live 10 minutes from the south side of the lake. If I'm not busy with work/kids would be happy to come help.

PM me for me cell number.

Comment

How far, and how high did you shoot? The deer may be lower and lean to right for a jump. The arrow may go low than you expected.

Comment

I'm about 10 feet up and the deer was about 20 yards out.

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
                              How far, and how high did you shoot? The deer may be lower and lean to right for a jump. The arrow may go low than you expected.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                                I'm about 10 feet up and the deer was about 20 yards out.
                                I re-watched your video, can hardly see the exact place where the arrow hit, but felt it was a little far back. Did you find any blood from that direction? Have you retrieve the arrow back? If so, what is on it, blood, fat, tissue?

Btw, it is a great video.

Comment

Working...
                                X