Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of north texas 3rd annual thread..second edition!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    We were there 2 weeks ago and couldn't find a dove with a search warrant. Yall killed a coupla rattlers I saw
    How much rain did we get?
    It did the Beaver split, barely settled the dust, it still ran all the birds off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
      My sister lives in Wichita Falls she said it rained 3” Friday and from the look of my lease it probably rained that much there too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's good. Our place and the Haverkamps are about 2 miles as the crow flies, 7 miles by road. They get 3 inches we get none. We get 3 inches they get none. Beaver creek splits us and has a magical influence on storms.

Comment

You guys in Wilbarger County are getting some rain today. I’m driving through the Waggoner now and it has been raining for 20 minutes.

Comment

I went up yesterday with a truck load of corn to fill feeders and pull camera cards. Got to Wichita Falls and saw roadside ditches full of water and rain driving. Drove on to Vernon. Pretty wet there as well. Lightning to the southwest, where i was going to go this morning to fill feeders. Rain forecast was for 30% - 40% chance of light rain. Suffice it to say the actual rain was a lot more. We just unloaded the corn in the barn and came back home last night. No filled feeders, no camera cards, no nothing. Oh well, opening weekend is upon us. Hopefully it'll be dry enough to do some damage next weekend.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

Sounds like rain in the area. Thats good news for all!
            Best of luck to all this year. Be safe out there.

Comment

where at..??

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
              Young County here, between Jacksboro and Olney. First year on this place, I’m excited to say the least.

how far from Jean are yall

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                how far from Jean are yall

Probably 10 miles, tops.

Comment

according to FarmLogs, which is a crapshoot, I got 0.24, 0.13 and 0.24 the last three days in Young County

Comment

Good luck in the morning boys
                    Go get em.
                    Send pics!!

Comment

Just got back home from a trip to Wilbarger County this weekend. Saw one doe with a fawn that still had spots. It was hot. It is also GREEN, Green, Green. I suspect that without a hard, early, freeze, it's going to be tough to get a deer on the ground. But, i'll be back trying again next weekend. Good luck everyone!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        Just got back home from a trip to Wilbarger County this weekend. Saw one doe with a fawn that still had spots. It was hot. It is also GREEN, Green, Green. I suspect that without a hard, early, freeze, it's going to be tough to get a deer on the ground. But, i'll be back trying again next weekend. Good luck everyone!!
                        Our guys said it was green as well. I posted another thread "Dead deer or not" you can read the story there.

Comment

Glad I took off next Friday. Me and a buddy are heading outThursday night to Jack County.

Weather looks really good for next weekend. High in the mid 60s and the low will be low/mid 40s! Pretty excited to see what shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                            Glad I took off next Friday. Me and a buddy are heading outThursday night to Jack County.

Weather looks really good for next weekend. High in the mid 60s and the low will be low/mid 40s! Pretty excited to see what shows up.

I think I’m gonna run out and hang a stand tomorrow, may take Friday off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post

Man I wished I could go. It should be really enjoyable for everyone.

Comment

So,just how green is it in Wilbarger County?

Just about this green. Totally unedited trail cam pic. Sunset in WC. Gotta love it.

Can't keep up w/ the johnson grass.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X