If you hit a deer with your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I don’t think anyone is criticizing him just don’t put it on social media. Why does everyone have to put everything out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I killed one on 2222 in Austin with a big pry bar on the way to a Christmas party. Got to the party and some guy showed up shortly after we did and said he had to take his wife home because she was so shaken up because she saw a “Neanderthal kill a deer with a stick.” My buddy pointed to me and said, “it was so easy a caveman could do it.” Haaaaaaa.

Comment

I wouldn't have called, anybody...…………..
        I don't need any advice.....
        I know what to do.... And so do you...…..

Comment

Worked with a kid that went to Penn State and worked for the country when he was in school (street cleaning). He told me he would have a big cooler with ice in his truck when he was at work. All road kill was his job to clean up. He said he fed his whole fraternity for the four years in collage.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Similar situation last month.
              Car hit a spike and it was just layer there with blood coming out of its mouth trying to get up in a lane. Sheriff just has the lane blocked off while he was on his phone in his car.

Called the GW and it was the first he had heard about it and was in route. Spike probably laid there for 1-1.5 hours trying to get up before finally being dispatched.

Comment

Hate to see animals suffering. It's a shame that we all know what to do, but have to consider the ramifications of doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I don’t think anyone is criticizing him just don’t put it on social media. Why does everyone have to put everything out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Ha, I rarely post anything on here or social media regarding my day to day. I posted it here to make people think...and their wives. My wife wouldn't have a gun with her, but I would hope she would stop, call a game warden and let him know so he could do it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      I have a gun everywhere I go I just ain't stopping for an animal that just did a bunch of damage to my vehicle. Mainly because it's probably gonna die anyway so we're even. And if I stopped and went back and there's more vehicle destroyers around it and I'm ****** I might go ahead and shoot a few of those while I'm at it.

They're annoying. And they always run towards you or freeze right in the middle of the road. They're just like a big jackrabbit.

Annoying is right. I used to live in Lampasas and worked in Burnet. After I hit my first one on 281 I figured out full bumper replacements were a must.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post

I would wreck my truck, due to laughter if I saw that

Comment

thank you for ruining my keyboard..

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            I killed one on 2222 in Austin with a big pry bar on the way to a Christmas party. Got to the party and some guy showed up shortly after we did and said he had to take his wife home because she was so shaken up because she saw a “Neanderthal kill a deer with a stick.” My buddy pointed to me and said, “it was so easy a caveman could do it.” Haaaaaaa.
                            Ha.

When I was a boy of about 10 my dad called the sheriff because a deer had gotten caught in a field fence and was suffering. My dad asked if he could keep it and the sheriff said he could and reached for his revolver to dispatch it, my dad stopped him. He said no you'll spoil the meat. My dad wacked her in the head with a hammer.

First venison I ever ate and first hide I ever tanned.

Comment

This was in Travis County on Comanche Trail between Hwy 620 and the now Famous Oasis Restaurant just west of Austin near Lake Travis. Heard a car deer collision on the road near my deer stand one morning. It was about 150 yards away. So I climbed down and started walking over to see if everyone was okay. When I arrived at the edge of the brush along the fenceline a Deputy Sheriff was already pulled up behind the car with his emergency lights on. So I watched. The deer was quite dead. The car was still driveable. After the exchange of some paper work and some discussion the driver left. At this point the deputy looked both ways for traffic, went over and opened his trunk and started to drag the deer over to his squad car. He started trying to load it into the back of his squad car. He was in a hurry and kept looking for oncoming cars. So naturally I walked over to see if he needed "assistance" in my Camo and Camo face paint. He probably jumped 3 feet in the air when I asked him if he needed assistance. Startled him... is a understatement. He wanted wanted to know where the hell I came from and how long I had been there. I asked him if he intended to "Tag the deer". He started stuttering and told me he was taking it to a shelter. I said "yeah right" and told him I thought that was a Game Warden issue. He told me he would contact the Game Warden and for me to mind my own business. He then wanted to know if I had any written permission to be hunting on the land I was on. I did, I showed it to him and we parted ways with him pretty annoyed that had I watched him load that deer. Pretty comical.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                                Annoying is right. I used to live in Lampasas and worked in Burnet. After I hit my first one on 281 I figured out full bumper replacements were a must.

That's an experience tree huggers need to have several times in a row. About the 3rd time they took their car to a body shop or replaced the headlights they'd maybe understand why deer numbers need to be managed.

Comment

Working...
                                X