No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pack in light and come out light. That's what young'uns are for. "Here little Smurf, carry this deer out for me."

Cept he's not a little Smurf anymore. 5'11" 225. Better to carry stuff for the old man. Better yet, just carry the old man.

Everyone have a great year. I'm down in big lake bottoms the first week but coming back to A lake and LBJ. Got spots on both.

Be as safe as you can without poppin'.

Comment

If this is your feeder we would really appreciate you removing it!
      [ATTACH]973289[/ATTACH]

Comment

Comment

Needs more chain.

Comment

Yeah all that chain and they only have to snip the handle and chain would fall. Smh.

Comment

Surprised there isnt a stand with it

Comment

Oh hot dang.....jk not mine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone ain't play-n fair!

ACE has a mule with a torch on it that will wiff that chain with a breath.

Comment

Was that A or W?

Comment

I don't understand why someone would think things won't get found out there. There ain't a place on the whole place that someone hasn't gone to at some point, by more than one person, again and again. Been seeing it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                        Was that A or W?

I've found them on both lakes over the years. Even 55 gallon feeder sets. Some even had rifle box blinds. One feller had a tower blind one year, that could be seen from the water . Couple of other fellers had some tri-pods set up over 55 gallon feeders. I've seen golf cart hunters, rifle hunters, 4-wheeler hunters out there too. But since it's turned bow only, it's been reducing over the years. There are more eyes in the woods now than back when it was a weekly draw hunt for deer during the general seasons. But there are still a few that come up with these ideas....

Best thing to do is remember that you have a cell phone. And it takes video and pics, if it's not putting ya in immediate jeopardy.

Comment

As long as I'm not walking up on some guy's still I'm good to take pictures. I've had them warning shots before. I often wonder if it's ignorance, apathy for the rules, or just down right disobedience. I kinda think it's apathy. They figure they'll do what they want untill someone tells them no and if no one tells them no it must be alright, no matter what the rules say.

Comment

Good ole public hunting it’s sad people just can’t follow the rules!

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                              If this is your feeder we would really appreciate you removing it!
                              [ATTACH]973289[/ATTACH]
                              Darn it!! Please leave my spot alone. As you see. I have claimed this area as my own personal deer lease, so carry on, and pretend as if you never saw it......

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                                Yep. All the deer were eaten by the zombies. Just pigs now. Even the zombies can't keep the pig numbers down. Put that with the duck hunter that lost his arm to a flesh eating virus and it's a wonder anyone braves the risk to hunt there. I hear the national forests in east Texas are loaded with deer and the flooded timber is a duck mecca. Plus, there's so much room one isn't likely to see another hunter all season.
                                Those W hogs are some of the most pathetic looking hogs I've ever seen. Skeletons wrapped in skin. Must be living off rock and cedar trees. Never thought I'd see them in some of the spots there in now.......

Comment

Working...
                                X