Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I ordered my wraith a week or so ago and today was having a conversation with a buddy who was adamant that I wasted my money because they are junk. I have seen nothing but good reviews. I think I will be very happy with it. what do yall think

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      so I ordered my wraith a week or so ago and today was having a conversation with a buddy who was adamant that I wasted my money because they are junk. I have seen nothing but good reviews. I think I will be very happy with it. what do yall think

Did he give reasons why? I had a pretty strong opinion on the night vision scopes after the first one I tried I could see the hog better by moonlight then the scope.

Bought the Wraith and I was floored at the clarity with just the IR light it comes with. While I’ll still run thermal as my main setup the wraith can keep up with thermals out to 100-150 if the field is open IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
        Looking for some help.... Ok I’m totally new to this but I have a birthday coming up and the wife always wants to know what I want. After going through the post is it safe to say the wraith is the best bang for the buck right now around the $500 dollar mark. I will be using it for hogs and coyotes out to say 200yrds in east Tx. I want to see details so not sure I want a Thermal right now. Any advise or guidance is much appreciated.
        The Wraith is by far the best option for $500 or less. The only options are the ATN X-Sights, which I would not advise (just read the reviews), the Sightmark Photon RT or the Wraith HD. The Photon RT is a great scope but I believe the Wraith is slightly better at night and the Wraith is full color during the day. The Photon is a very solid scope though and I don't want to take anything away from it. But I can tell you that Wraiths are selling 50 to 1 over Photons right now and I'm honestly not joking about the 50 to 1.....

Thermal trumps digital NV in most every situation but you can kill a ton of animals with a good $500 optic like the Wraith or Photon.

If you have more questions, just let me know!

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
          Anybody with the pulsar axiom 30 that has had issues with the battery? I bought mine thru the TBH group buy. Thought I had not got the battery in the charger good as it only showed half charge in the unit, but I let it charge all day and still only half charge. Planned on buying a second battery anyway but just wondered if anybody else had any problems.
          If you bought it from me, give me a call and we can get it sorted out. The Axions use the new APS3 batteries and I've only seen 2 bad batteries out of way over 100, so they are very reliable but anything can happen. I'll be glad to help.

Jason
          Outdoor Legacy
          (877)350-1818

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
            Did he give reasons why? I had a pretty strong opinion on the night vision scopes after the first one I tried I could see the hog better by moonlight then the scope.

Bought the Wraith and I was floored at the clarity with just the IR light it comes with. While I’ll still run thermal as my main setup the wraith can keep up with thermals out to 100-150 if the field is open IMO.

As I mentioned a few times, pair that Wraith with our 66LRX IR light and identify out to 500-600 yards or pair it with our Coyote Cannon IR light and identify out to around 1000 yards. We give TBH members a 10% discount, just send me a PM for the discount code and I will send it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
              As I mentioned a few times, pair that Wraith with our 66LRX IR light and identify out to 500-600 yards or pair it with our Coyote Cannon IR light and identify out to around 1000 yards. We give TBH members a 10% discount, just send me a PM for the discount code and I will send it to you.

Ok???

Comment

Buddy got the Pulsar Thermion XP50 and that sucker is nice! Super clear picture and easy functions. Was the first Thermion I have hunted with.

Comment

I've got a couple Photon's listed in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                    Buddy got the Pulsar Thermion XP50 and that sucker is nice! Super clear picture and easy functions. Was the first Thermion I have hunted with.

I’d like to put my hands on a Thermion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Yea if i decide to get a newer one some day, i'll definitely consider them but as of now, the FLIR is gettin the job done nicely and dropped 3 yotes in the last few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                        Next time you run into that friend, give him a kick in the nuts for me. I've owned easily $20K worth of NV gear. There's a Wraith in my safe.

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                        While I’ll still run thermal as my main setup the wraith can keep up with thermals out to 100-150 if the field is open IMO.
                        This has been my experience as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                          Yea if i decide to get a newer one some day, i'll definitely consider them but as of now, the FLIR is gettin the job done nicely and dropped 3 yotes in the last few weeks.
                          I'm in the same boat as you

Comment

Our clients from LA came and put a hurting on my neighbors property and my property this weekend 13 hogs shot 7 recovered. Saw 80 first night and 40-50 second night. (Not advertising) .

Comment

Any idea when the new Pulsar Thermion XM30 3.5-14x 320x240 will be out ?

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                                They are awesome. Not a earth shaking improvement over the Trails image quality but a nice incremental improvement that's very noticeable. I've used the Trail XP50 as my main thermal for 2.5 years and love it but I'm in love with the new Thermion XP50. The image quality is about 15% better through the eyepiece and I love the design. I didn't like it when I first saw it in Vegas but within 15 minutes of having a Thermion on my AR, I knew it was a great design. Overall I'm very happy with the Thermions. Not a bad thing to say about the Trails though. Only hang up with the Thermions is the high base magnification on the XM models. The XP models are right in my sweet spot at 1.5x and 2x.

Originally posted by bowmanranchetx View Post
                                Our clients from LA came and put a hurting on my neighbors property and my property this weekend 13 hogs shot 7 recovered. Saw 80 first night and 40-50 second night. (Not advertising) .
                                Nice!!! That's a ton of hogs!

Comment

Working...
                                X