2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    Worst day yet. Only saw 2 teal all morning. I know where not to hunt tomorrow. Lol! 1st candy bar of the season. Still a great day in nature!
    I need to retire and come hang with you!
    Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
    Ducks unlimited reports big numbers of bwt still in south dakota

"there are an exceptional number of blue-winged teal up here heading into the third week of September. They all seem to be pretty content, and for good reason, as we have a lot of water,” Toay says.
    Shortstoppers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunted Eagle Lake this week.

16th 14 teal between 3. Hunted till 8 and packed up
      17th 1 teal between 2. Hunted till 8 again
      18th OFF
      19th 12 between 2 done before 7 am
      Attached Files

Comment

Got another limit today in Eagle Lake.
        Attached Files

Comment

Day 7 Garwood
          Not a lot of birds moving,but did get 4. Missed 1 other bird that buzzed by about 45 yrds or so. Hopefully ,weekend traffic will move a few more, IF they are around.

Congrats popo on the hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Day 7 Garwood
            Not a lot of birds moving,but did get 4. Missed 1 other bird that buzzed by about 45 yrds or so. Hopefully ,weekend traffic will move a few more, IF they are around.

Congrats popo on the hunts.
            Same story for me as well in Garwood. Hoping they are just on sheet water and a lot of it will dry out today.

Comment

No cold fronts moving through between now and the end of the season....
              Think I'm going to take this weekend off, give it a try again on wednesday and at least one hunt, if not two on the final weekend.

Comment

Pin Oak Farms. Going after them again tomorrow with my boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully you had a good hunt PINOAK, stuck at working and looking forward to some pictures and reports

Comment

Nice Pinoak! Nothing better than family outdoors!

Comment

Day 8 Garwood
                      Me & the boy got 4. Had 1 get by otherwise that was our chances. Got 1 dove too. Buddies down the road got 9. LOTS of people out,but birds not around us. South of us was shooting good. There are pockets around & if you are there shooting is good, otherwise slow mornings for killing. Beautiful mornings for taking in God's creations though! Bring on day9!!!

Comment

Scouted two spots for tomorrow mornings hunt and it doesn’t look promising. Don’t think we’ve got a new push of birds since the opener. Need some cool weather to bring them down.

Comment

We killed 10 this mornings brookshire. Should have been closer to 20. Had two groups of thirty do it right and they only killed two out of each.

Buddy in El Campo killed one.

Birds have been finicky for us so far. Wednesday had a group kill a 6 man before 8. That same blind this morning produced 9. Hopefully the birds we have will stick around tonight. And hopefully new birds will replace what we have before next Saturday.

Comment

Day 9 Garwood
                            Real slow morning. Not many birds in air. Hardly any shots around us. Pretty good shooting to the south toward Nada. We ended up with 4 again. Should had 5 , bit that was it. Looks like it will be a slow grind to the finish. Great to be able to go watch the sun rise for sure!
                            Tomorrow is another day!

Comment

Pretty slow here in central Tx ended up with only 4
                              Attached Files

Comment

I was supposed to go today outside Winnie. For obvious reasons that trip got cancelled. Looks like I won’t be going until opening day of the second split.

Comment

Working...
                                X