tropical outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
    Less than 24 hour rain total. No drainage system could ever keep up with that. Absolutely insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Key point. Wife and I discussed this yesterday. Never had a water issue at our home but with those rainfall rates and totals I expect we would. Carry flood insurance for peace of mind because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      Key point. Wife and I discussed this yesterday. Never had a water issue at our home but with those rainfall rates and totals I expect we would. Carry flood insurance for peace of mind because of that.

We had flood insurance for Harvey and didn’t flood, and have it still now. We’ve been lucky both times, but the peace of mind as we’ve watched the waters rise has been worth every penny.

Comment

I live about 8 miles west of old Magnolia just off Fm1488, "Field Store Community",. maybe got 1.5" of rain over the last four days.

Payers sent for all those who were affected by the flooding.

Comment

10.5 at Hobby Airport.......................

Comment

We were just under 30" here....It could have actually hit 30" as the gauge had overflowed once. Too much rain, way too fast.

I have a neighbor that couldn't get home from San Diego (IAH was closed) and the dog sitter couldn't get out of her house to go take care of the dog. I had to rescue a LARGE old, sweet boxer who is now laying at my feet.

Praying the heat and horrible humidity doesn't ramp up more storms this afternoon!

Comment

Pouring here again in Hamshire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                We were just under 30" here....It could have actually hit 30" as the gauge had overflowed once. Too much rain, way too fast.

I have a neighbor that couldn't get home from San Diego (IAH was closed) and the dog sitter couldn't get out of her house to go take care of the dog. I had to rescue a LARGE old, sweet boxer who is now laying at my feet.

Praying the heat and horrible humidity doesn't ramp up more storms this afternoon!
                Poor animals good rescue stay safe down there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post

That's awesome I'm glad u could the pup!

It's getting dark and looks like it's going to rain again!

Comment

When you're stuck at a Whataburger on the North Freeway by floodwaters, you never know what you might find floating away.

Comment

Haha. Said the man planned to take the fish home and cook it. Gotta love it.

Comment

Good size bass

Comment

Sure hate to hear about all the flooding down South, yall stay safe.

FYI.....for all yall that hunt in Leon, Freestone, and Navarro counties all the rain they were promising us earlier in the week never made it. It is dry as a bone up here and we sure could have used a couple good inches.

Comment

Prayers for all of those affected. I thought Harvey was supposed to be a “500yr event”. Well, here we go again. We didn’t flood as bad this time, but we got just about 1.5ft of water. The crazy part is that it all happened after it finished raining, during all of the heavy rains yesterday morning there was no high water in my neighborhood, but once all of the Peach Creek drainage and other northern tributaries came down into Caney Creek, water rose fast and we evacuated. We will get through this though, been through this before. Take care amigos

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                              Prayers for all of those affected. I thought Harvey was supposed to be a “500yr event”. Well, here we go again. We didn’t flood as bad this time, but we got just about 1.5ft of water. The crazy part is that it all happened after it finished raining, during all of the heavy rains yesterday morning there was no high water in my neighborhood, but once all of the Peach Creek drainage and other northern tributaries came down into Caney Creek, water rose fast and we evacuated. We will get through this though, been through this before. Take care amigos

Sorry to hear that brother!!

Comment

Looking like another TS headed into the Gulf, Corpus has a target painted on it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X