No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody hunt Amistad for ducks? I am only an hour from there and thinking about checking it out.

Comment

We had a good opening day out in Brookshire. Ended up with 22. Sunday we had high hopes with a decent north wind all night. Our birds ended up pushing out and nothing replaced them. Didnt see a teal Sunday.

However the dove showed up with the north wind. After we packed up a buddy called that hunts down the road and told us to come shoot some doves. We ended up with 10 in a bout an hour.

Looking forward to Saturday and Sunday. With all this rain, good chance the birds will spread out. But hopefully it will get some much needed rain to the Katy prairie.

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

Had another good hunt this AM. Me & a friend got our limits in Garwood. 12 more hunts to go!!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Had another good hunt this AM. Me & a friend got our limits in Garwood. 12 more hunts to go!!

Pictures!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Boy got a few this past weekend. He finally invited his old man to tag along next weekend.
                Attached Files

Comment

Day 5 Garwood
                  Slowest hunt so far. Only had one group of 4 buzz by. Got 2 of them. Vey few birds in air today. Complete opposite of yesterday. Still great being outdoors!

Comment

I'll be out tomorrow morning, have high hopes the birds will be moving.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      Day 5 Garwood
                      Slowest hunt so far. Only had one group of 4 buzz by. Got 2 of them. Vey few birds in air today. Complete opposite of yesterday. Still great being outdoors!
                      Well dang. I’ll be hunting the area Friday, hopefully they return but the rain dang sure ain’t helping.

Comment

Day 6 Coastal Marsh
                        Decided to go look at different country today. Have no idea if there are any birds around , but we getting ready to find out.
                        1 minute till legal.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good coastal duck guide? I dont have any coastal ducks mounted and would like to change that, thanks in advance

Comment

Seen all of 4 real this morning.... north texas area

Comment

Worst day yet. Only saw 2 teal all morning. I know where not to hunt tomorrow. Lol! 1st candy bar of the season. Still a great day in nature!

Comment

Ducks unlimited reports big numbers of bwt still in south dakota

"there are an exceptional number of blue-winged teal up here heading into the third week of September. They all seem to be pretty content, and for good reason, as we have a lot of water,” Toay says.

Comment

Working...
                                X