• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
    Whattt???? Is this real or noo?

If it is, hes doing it ALL wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dip em in franks red hot, batter with flour, and fry! My favorite way to eat em.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
        Whattt???? Is this real or noo?
        Hopefully a joke I prefer to have the meat boneless before it goes in the freezer.

LowFence’s Dove Córdoba Pasta is probably my favorite dove recipe. I also like to do kabobs and enchiladas. Important to shred for enchiladas which adds some prep time. Dove stroganoff is pretty good. Can also fry them and toss in wing sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
          I almost killed my wife....did the popper thing and she never had them and didn't realize they still had the breast bone in them....had to do the Heimlich maneuver, she took it well. I felt bad but she finished the rest of them so I guess they were good. lol
          No way, never heard of it done that way...lol

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
            I almost killed my wife....did the popper thing and she never had them and didn't realize they still had the breast bone in them....had to do the Heimlich maneuver, she took it well. I felt bad but she finished the rest of them so I guess they were good. lol
            First time I had them, they were cooked that way. We were warned they had bones though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mix up olive oil, honey and fresh lemon juice with some oregano. Cook breasts on grill and then put mixture all over the breast in a bowl and coat them all. My Italian buddies taught me that one. No bacon for my doves

Comment

I had about 90 filets to make for Labor Day this year, Steven Rinella's new cookbook has a recipe in there that I used on about 25 of them that ended up being different and really good.

I don't remember the portions, but it was just mix up a bowl of cream cheese mixed with mustard, garlic powder, cooked crumbled bacon, and green onions. Fill up a jalapeno half with the mix and set a dove filet on top, no bacon wrap just throw it on the grill until the dove is cooked.

Comment

Little fried dove nuggets are hard to beat!

Comment

I had several whole doves with the skin on that I spatchcocked and grilled last night. Just seasoned with salt and pepper. Simple and tasty!

Comment

Filet the meat off the breast. Batter in egg wash then flour, then skillet fry. Take out fried dove and keep the oil in the skillet. Add flour, salt, pepper, and whatever else you like in white gravy. Stir until you have a white gravy to your liking. Put fried dove filets back into gravy and simmer for 10 or so minutes, while putting biscuits in the oven or making your own homemade biscuits in a cast iron skillet. Once biscuits are done, pour the gravy over the biscuits, add a little siracha, and GRUB. One of the best I have ever had.

Comment

I used them in place of chicken in Gumbo.

Comment

Mmm

Comment

Originally posted by B_R View Post
                            Mmm
                            What do you have for sale? Just got ahead and post it here

Comment

Filleted, pounded out and seasoned with s&p and garlic powder then dredged in egg and panko. Fried (in bacon drippings and a little vegetable oil) to GBD. Wife said that couldn't be improved upon. They were pretty tender and tasty.

After a disappointing opening weekend I manged to put some in the bag this past weekend.
                              Last edited by Gunnyart; 09-30-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X