No announcement yet.

Vape warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I offer prayers to the family and for a quick recovery for all however...
    I've been vaping for 3 years now with none of these issues these people are having. Me and everyone on board our vessel switched to vaping after no smoking was allowed onboard while carrying methanol. While I'm not assigning blame, I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden these issues are occurring to these people and the majority of them are teenagers.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like most of this is happening with home brew vape fluids... not a smart move.

I wish everyone who smoked would vape instead, that way I wouldnt have to smell the lingering smoke stank. Vaping may be annoying but at least it doesnt linger like cigarette or tobacco smoke and doesnt stick to your clothes all day if you walk within 20 yards of a vaper

Comment

I’m still trying to figure out why anybody would purposefully inhale **** into their lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          This is what I've always thought of it.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
          Yep

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
            I've been vaping for 3 years now with none of these issues these people are having. Me and everyone on board our vessel switched to vaping after no smoking was allowed onboard while carrying methanol. While I'm not assigning blame, I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden these issues are occurring to these people and the majority of them are teenagers.
            I did drugs for 6 or 7 years of my life and I am still here to tell the story at 42 (many of my friends are not). Didn't make my behavior any less risky or any safer. I'm not saying vape will kill everyone, but it is risky.

Comment

Here’s the way I understand it. The people having health issues are not using Juul or other mainstream products. A big percentage of them are vaping some form of THC. Others are using cartridges purchased on the street, DIY concoctions, and stuff purchased at jack-leg vape stores selling product from who knows where. It sounds like the problem is oil based mixtures. Big surprise - who would have thought vaporized oil in your lungs might cause problems?

Comment

I guess I can't see the urinals in your pic because of all the fog.

Comment

My understanding the basic ingredients is a mixture of nicotine & an oil heated by the battery. I’m sure people are supplementing their own home brew additives to get more stimulation out of it.
                  The girl we were informed about actually has pneumonia. Not sure if this is a secondary infection as a result of trauma to the lungs. That would be my guess.
                  I’m thankful I’ve never had any desire to smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                    My understanding the basic ingredients is a mixture of nicotine & an oil heated by the battery. I’m sure people are supplementing their own home brew additives to get more stimulation out of it.
                    The girl we were informed about actually has pneumonia. Not sure if this is a secondary infection as a result of trauma to the lungs. That would be my guess.
                    I’m thankful I’ve never had any desire to smoke.
                    Pneumonia was the initial diagnosis in this young man but it escalated so quickly he was almost dead by the next morning when his girlfriend found him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                      Man I see just as many old dudes vaping around me as I do young folks.
                      There was an old russian named boris when I joined my current job who's entire existence before retiring was vaping at his desk and hitting on young women.

Then talking to me about stories from Soviet russia.

I hope he gets well. I'm in houston if their family needs anything.

Comment

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	004CAAE3-025B-42AE-8B57-7043CFD006BE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	24592007[/ATTACH]
                        Yeah buddy
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-10-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                          Much like chemicals that are being voluntarily put in the body by way of pill, shots etc...
                          Did you TRT guys know that they had to quit doing clinical studies on TRT replacement because many were getting cancer and virtually everyone that was older got cancer. Is it worth it?
                          Can you please link your data source on this? There are still countless studies on TRT being done to this day. Also, in clinical trials/testing, the terms “virtually everyone” and “older” are not accurate figure used by anyone....ever. You do understand that TRT is testosterone “replacement”. Meaning your body does, or did produce it, and you are just replacing what your body stopped making. So just because someone is over 40, or “older”, testosterone now gives them cancer? Come on now....

I’ve seen you speak out against TRT on more than one occasion, with zero proof of the claims you make. You spread misinformation and attempt to create fear in others. I do not know your reasons behind this. Just keep in mind that if you look long enough online, you can find a “study” that will say exactly what you want it to. If I want to tell people that snorting Chee-toe dust up your nose causes cancer, I’d be willing to bet I could find some study out there that alluded to this claim.
                          Last edited by Trevor73402; 09-11-2019, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                            I’m still trying to figure out why anybody would purposefully inhale **** into their lungs.
                            Glycerin, fine oils and GOD only knows what other types of chemicals.. Yea I agree it is baffling..
                            Its not like life doesn't throw a person enough curve balls as it is!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by PondPopper; 09-11-2019, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                              Can you please link your data source on this? There are still countless studies on TRT being done to this day. Also, in clinical trials/testing, the terms “virtually everyone” and “older” are not accurate figure used by anyone....ever. You do understand that TRT is testosterone “replacement”. Meaning your body does, or did produce it, and you are just replacing what your body stopped making. So just because someone is over 40, or “older”, testosterone now gives them cancer? Come on now....

I’ve seen you speak out against TRT on more than one occasion, with zero proof of the claims you make. You spread misinformation and attempt to create fear in others. I do not know your reasons behind this. Just keep in mind that if you look long enough online, you can find a “study” that will say exactly what you want it to. If I want to tell people that snorting Chee-toe dust up your nose causes cancer, I’d be willing to bet I could find some study out there that alluded to this claim.
                              I spend hours researching before I make decisions on certain things. I think I was wrong on this one a little bit but not far off. I have no reason to care about what anyone else does except that I do care about you all and know people get sucked into things that they later regret. There are many more studies out there but you have to really dig for them (A relatively small number of men experience immediate side effects of testosterone treatment, such as acne, disturbed breathing while sleeping, breast swelling or tenderness, or swelling in the ankles. Doctors also watch out for high red blood cell counts, which could increase the risk of clotting.

Men on long-term using forms of testosterone therapy long term appear to have a higher risk of cardiovascular problems, like heart attacks, strokes, and deaths from heart disease. For example, in 2010, researchers halted the Testosterone in Older Men study when early results showed that men on testosterone replacement therapy had noticeably more heart problems. "In older men, theoretical cardiac side effects become a little more immediate," Dr. Pallais says.r them.)

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                                I spend hours researching before I make decisions on certain things. I think I was wrong on this one a little bit but not far off. I have no reason to care about what anyone else does except that I do care about you all and know people get sucked into things that they later regret. There are many more studies out there but you have to really dig for them (A relatively small number of men experience immediate side effects of testosterone treatment, such as acne, disturbed breathing while sleeping, breast swelling or tenderness, or swelling in the ankles. Doctors also watch out for high red blood cell counts, which could increase the risk of clotting.

Men on long-term using forms of testosterone therapy long term appear to have a higher risk of cardiovascular problems, like heart attacks, strokes, and deaths from heart disease. For example, in 2010, researchers halted the Testosterone in Older Men study when early results showed that men on testosterone replacement therapy had noticeably more heart problems. "In older men, theoretical cardiac side effects become a little more immediate," Dr. Pallais says.r them.)

I think there may be something to this. In the last few years I have personally run CPR calls on men in their 40's and 50's. Probably 10 in the last 3 years. All of these particular patients were on testosterone. I dont think I'm ever going to take that chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X