African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
    Correct. Only he is the apparent “owner” of the operation not a broker. I don’t understand what leg he thinks he has to stand on in the situation. He just sent me a text telling me that he is no longer responsible for the condition of our animal.... basically implying good luck getting them back.

Any chance you could contact the PH that guided your group and make some type of deal to get at the minimum your horns/skulls?

I am still trying to wrap my head around a person, that would knowingly taking your money for a service that he knows is not what he represented then threaten legal actions once questioned about it.

I hope that all works out for the best, but does not sound good at the moment.

Rwc

Comment

wow, I just looked at his prices. probably should have been your first red flag. You get what you pay for a lot of times and in this case you weren't paying much. $1,995 per hunter for those animals seems very sketchy to me. Glad you called him out on that. Those prices will get a lot of unsuspecting people lined up with him. Now they will know . Good for you

Comment

Whatever you do, don't let someone threatening litigation scare you. I'd send him a certified check for the exact amount that was agreed originaly upon, with a letter from my lawyer stating if the animals weren't recieved he'd get that court date he was so desperately looking for

Comment

Did you sign a contract of any sort?

I wouldnt pay or be scared of his threats.

Looks to me like he is living in Nacogdoches and is using a picture of you and your Duiker on Facebook (even mentions your name). I would be posting your screen shots there. As you stated in your OP he depends on the public and word of mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
            So, Lammie lives in Texas and is an African hunt broker that sold you a hunt that included a certain animal package, at an agreed upon price that actually did not exist? And furthermore miss-represented lodging via photos in a message that can be displayed?

And....he is threating to file suit against you for breach of contract/payment?????

Rwc
            Correct. Only he is the apparent “owner” of the operation not a broker. I don’t understand what leg he thinks he has to stand on in the situation. He just sent me a text telling me that he is no longer responsible for the condition of our animal.... basically implying good luck getting them back.

Comment

Sounds like you are the one that needs to take him to court actually!?

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                Sounds like you are the one that needs to take him to court actually!?
                I agree with this.

I’d be pushing to not even pay what originally was agreed upon after all the lying and what not. Take his *** to court with the proof you have including him saying “he’s no longer responsible for the animals”. Screen shot absolutely anything and everything.

Comment

At this point I have no reason to believe if I send payment that our animals will actually get to the US in good shape. Lammie has left me no other option but to assume the worst from him. I believe I’m going to have a lawyer write up a letter with the supporting evidence stating that we will pay the original price once we have the animals in hand. Not a penny more and not until I inspect them. Anyone have a lawyer recommendation? I hate that things are like this. I’m a young guy and desperately wish I was around in the days where men were men and could handle things without legal action. It’s a crying shame.

Comment

I would not pay anything. If you get a Lawyer, i can't imagine it not going in your favor. Then bill him for your legal expenses. You are the victim here, him threatening with lawyers is a ploy to scare you, don't buy it. You were clearly deceived and ultimately ripped off.

In court not only would i include legal fees but also any and all travel expenses for the group, flights, license fees etc. I'd take great joy in hammering him down for every last penny. I hate liars.
                    Last edited by Fmjag64; 08-30-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Your a lot nicer than I would be. I wouldn't pay him a dime. Just hold on to all the documentation and pics of the hunt. It would prob cost him more money to get a lawer and take you to court than what your trip cost to begin with then he would be out even more money. Forget the animals and take that money an put it on a legit trip.

Comment

He literally says in writing on his facebook page that if you're not happy you get your money back. That is hilarious! I hate that he's putting a bad taste in your mouth on that Africa trip.

Comment

Lol it’s comical. Now he is threatening the other people in our party that they won’t get their animals if I don’t pay. Some of whom have already paid in full.

Comment

Call his bluff...
                            I wouldn't pay him a dime until all of my animals were back stateside, in good condition, and then he would get ONLY the initial, agreed upon amount.... He sounds like a genuine grade A shyster...

Comment

Lol it’s comical. Now he is threatening the other people in our party that they won’t get their animals if I don’t pay. Some of whom have already paid in full.
                              What method did they pay with?

Comment

He can keep the animals. You can save the funds for a real trip. For those that paid, that sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X