2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Just the opposite for my guy. He likes the ping and the overall feel of that bat.

Yep! Couldn’t get mine to swing the 2017 -5 Zen because it didn’t go PING!!!

Does the Cat 7 BBCOR go ping? Probably look for one of those for 14U.

Here’s the Fall BP bat. It definitely has NO ping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We got a bp bat like that too.. i definitely prefer that sound

Comment

Just jumped up to the new -3 CF Zen hot bat!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
          Just jumped up to the new -3 CF Zen hot bat!
          Same bat I got my son and so far he seems to like it, but he says it's not near at hot as his -5 Zen. That could just be that he had more bat speed with the -5 though. LOL I've heard that the LS Meta Primes are all the rage, but I got a good deal on the Zen and couldn't justify the cost of the Meta!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
            Yep! Couldn’t get mine to swing the 2017 -5 Zen because it didn’t go PING!!!

Does the Cat 7 BBCOR go ping? Probably look for one of those for 14U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The Rawlings VELO would be a great first BBCOR bat. If he likes loud it is the loudest ping in the cage...plus it is very balanced which helps the bump up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              Same bat I got my son and so far he seems to like it, but he says it's not near at hot as his -5 Zen. That could just be that he had more bat speed with the -5 though. LOL I've heard that the LS Meta Primes are all the rage, but I got a good deal on the Zen and couldn't justify the cost of the Meta!
              You are comparing USSSA bat standard to BBCOR, no contest. Even if the swing speed was the same, that drop 5 is a rocket launcher compared to any BBCOR bat. Any time I hear someone say a BBCOR is "hot" I kind of shake my head (no offense grant). The whole idea of the BBCOR standard was to reduce the speed off the bat from the BESR bats. They went overboard to the point that college baseball had to manipulate the ball (lower the seams) to get more carry and bring the home run back into the college game.

From the linked article below:

"Since BBCOR specification bats have been required with the 2011 season, offensive numbers have plummeted in college and high school baseball."

Anything a kid gets out of a BBCOR bat is from swinging hard and finding the sweet spot. The only reason one bat may seem hotter than another is that some of the high end bats use better technology to make the sweet spot slightly bigger. So in reality, you may find a BBCOR that is more forgiving, resulting in more pure contact, but to say its hot in the same way these USSSA trampolines are hot is a misnomer.

The best thing you can do for a kid to get the most out of a BBCOR bat is find one that feels good in his hand, has the balance profile he prefers and allows him to swing hard and square balls up.

Comment

If above statement is 100% true why is ncaa compression testing bats because the break in and get hotter is why. There are bats that just out perform others no questions asked, not ever bat is going to perform the same in each kids hand best way to find out is go somewhere where you can swing different bat your interested in and check exit speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Roz View Post
                  If above statement is 100% true why is ncaa compression testing bats because the break in and get hotter is why. There are bats that just out perform others no questions asked, not ever bat is going to perform the same in each kids hand best way to find out is go somewhere where you can swing different bat your interested in and check exit speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Yes, composite bats will get hotter as they break in. They can also be rolled to help that process along or be shaved, which I am sure the NCAA would want to catch But yes, some bats will be closer to the edge of that standard than others and perform better. None of them that comply to the BBCOR standard are "hot" in the hands of a 14 year old kid that just put down a USSSA standard bat.

Comment

... @Heath ..you got some insight on all that?

Comment

Are the new easton 360s usssa stickered yet?

Comment

Anyone ever play over at the Franklin Community Park?

Comment

Originally posted by Isom'sDuckDawgs View Post
                          Anyone ever play over at the Franklin Community Park?
                          Nice complex with nice fields. The problem is there is not enough local places to stay. If playing a tourney there you will likely end up staying Bryan/CS and driving the 45 minutes each way to play.

Comment

Well I won’t get into a debate about what BBCore is hot or not, but I will just say he swings it very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                              Well I won’t get into a debate about what BBCore is hot or not, but I will just say he swings it very well.
                              Ah c'mon that's no fun

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man.. picking a -10 other than the go-to cat series... is more difficult than i thought..
                                I like what ive read about primes, velos, and the DSB bats.. .but now theres the new LS's out that are getting good "reviews"...but not sure if theyve been utrip stamped yet..

Comment

Working...
                                X