Our new play ground - Pittsburg Co, OK on Eufaula Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

We should close on Thursday. Have a lot of plans this weekend, not sure I can pull it all off. We will see.

Mulcher is scheduled for Friday morning, but may need to reschedule. Everything kind hinges in getting a path in to set up camp. He had a family emergency. Understood and prayers for you Trevor.

I need a dozer and operator for half day, but cant find one. Been pretty hard find dependability contractors so far. Glad I am one, I will just work more than play for a while.

I will get feeders up and cell cans for sure.

Made a deposit on new camper to get thru to Barndo competition. Might have it by Friday too.

Need to load my tractor and implements as well.

Could be a very large caravan North bound Friday morning.

Oh, and I'm throwing up a gate on a once public road that is now mine and private property. It is a shortcut for some folks I'm sure. But more importantly any road hunters just got locked out of a remote area. I will now own the road. County gave it up. I am curious to see how the title policy spells it out. So if that dont get you some local love I dont know what will. Wish me luck!

Yes there will be camera galore on this place. I know all neighbors and they are larger tracks. We will see....

Sean

Comment

Sounds like you have a lot going on for sure Sean. Solid plan....hope it all works out the way you intend.

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the closing. I recommend a strong gate with a temper-proof lock set up on that road! [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
            Congrats on the closing. I recommend a strong gate with a temper-proof lock set up on that road! [emoji6]
            Thanks man, the front has a nice heavy gate existing. I'm thinking about also dropping 5 yards of base at the other end of road towards Carltons Landing. That should stop em quick.

Comment

closing delayed...Title co lawyer has requested 22 affidavits from Survey Co. Not sure why.

Comment

We close in 3 hours!

Work starts less than 24 hours...

Sean

Comment

Its been about a year and thought I would update you guys on our progress.

We love this place! We have started the Brando and main house is under design and we hope to break ground late next year. Goal is to live there by
                  late 2023 full time.

I have been very busy with this one. Here are the main items we have completed.

Just in last 3 weeks I have made about 3 acres of plots. Added 6 tons of lime and fertilizer mix recommended by Whitetail Institute soil testing. Saturday I planted top choice fall mix and Saturday night we got a soaker!

2 weeks ago planted Japanese millet at all my tanks including the new one. Its really taking off too!

Other task completed so far:
                  water
                  electric
                  septic
                  roads roads and roads - about 1.5 miles
                  New pond - how we got our road base
                  stands
                  feeders
                  Barndo - pad poured
                  Plots - I have about 3 acres in plots.

We have 2 sites prepped and ready for structures. The Barndo is getting closer and the main house will be next year.

We locked the gates day one and have no transgressors so far. The deer herd exceeded my expectations as well. The lake is beautiful and full of fish! We have frontage and corp land is everywhere up there.

I will start dropping is some pics. If you too live or hunt around me, please let me know. Love to have a meet and greet.

Cheers,

Sean

Comment

Some pics
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Spearchunker; 08-31-2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Few more
                      Attached Files

Comment

And more
                        Attached Files

Comment

Dang Sean!!!!!! That is a heck of a place that you got in the works.

Comment

Arial

All roads you see are new. Ln[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	005-NA-Eufaula-OK-small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	24629004[/ATTACH]
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Spearchunker; 08-31-2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Congrats Sean...…………….
                              I had an uncle who had a cabin on that lake...……….
                              I spent a lot of time up there...…...Just a beautiful lake.....
                              Just full of fish.....But, the seasons determine where !!…..
                              They have a great Crappie fishing tournament every year...….
                              one other thing...… It's really easy to get lost on that lake...………………..
                              Nice piece of property...…..

Comment

Bro you gotta have ducks?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X