This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    3-3 while he was suspended for being an idiot...Alfred Morris had better YPC.

He’s really good...he’s also really replaceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This has to be on Jerry’s mind. Zeke is a great player but the value isn’t there with an all time great OLine.

Much better value in free agency for 1/10 the price.

Comment

1st, whatever contract he signs is going to seem absurdly high at the beginning, and will be cheap by the end. That’s just the nature of qb contracts, at least for the time being.

2nd, The franchise tag will be over 30 mil next year.

Rush, nor White can play.

Where do you propose they get the next guy? To draft one you have to get to the top of the first, and those guys are about a 1 in 3 chance of improving over Dak. See Rosen, Wentz, etc. 2nd round and later QBs are about a 1-10 proposition...that’s a guess but I bet it’s close.

Look at all the teams in the NFL who have swapped quarterbacks every 3-4 years for decades...I don’t want to be there.

Where was Dak drafted? Can’t remember...

Comment

If Dak plays out the year without a new deal, is he a RFA?

Yes, I believe they have the 5th year option. But, maybe not. They do have the tag though.

I believe Dak plays, and JJ knows that. He’s not priority to them. I believe they make him earn his 35M a year this year. If he gets to the NFC championship game, he gets 35.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
          Yes, I believe they have the 5th year option. But, maybe not. They do have the tag though.

I believe Dak plays, and JJ knows that. He’s not priority to them. I believe they make him earn his 35M a year this year. If he gets to the NFC championship game, he gets 35.

No 5th year option.

I know exactly where he was drafted, and it was pure luck, the guy they wanted went early that day.

I think 34 would do it right now, and 32 and change will be where they land about week 2.

I’m not sold on the guy, but if he hits FA tomorrow he gets 30+

Comment

No 5th year option.

I know exactly where he was drafted, and it was pure luck, the guy they wanted went early that day.

I think 34 would do it right now, and 32 and change will be where they land about week 2.

I’m not sold on the guy, but if he hits FA tomorrow he gets 30+

@ least they didn't get Paxton Lynch. The guy they wanted on that draft day. This would be a whole 'nother discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
              @ least they didn't get Paxton Lynch. The guy they wanted on that draft day. This would be a whole 'nother discussion.
              Man hard to see dak doing much better in Denver, but yes they seemed to have gotten a blessing from an unanswered prayer.

Comment

Not so much worried about what D. Prescott would've done in Denver. I don't think Paxton Lynch would be good in any NFL city. Just my amateur thoughts.

Comment

What about Wentz?

Worse numbers with a team that won the super bowl with Nick Foles at the helm, and already injury prone....where was he drafted?

Comment

Dak will not hit the free agent market but if he did he would struggle to get 28 M. They are throwing all those numbers out there, take a look at his numbers without Zeke and Cooper, they are embarrassing, in other words he cannot be a good QB without them. He did not even get voted into the top 100 by his peers and he is a very popular player, that should tell you something. I hope like hell he proves me wrong, I don't think he could carry any of the top 10 QB's jock strap without the team he has around him. Let him play out his contract, Cowboys have nothing to lose but a few million, Dak has everything to lose or to gain, COWBOY UP !

Comment

Dak isn’t worth 40 that’s for sure, either franchise him next year or sign him to a contract with a nice base, say $25mil and load it with incentives, let him earn it! Zeke is good but not worth big money, he can be replaced for way less money. I think Cooper is a stud and deserves to be paid. Just my $.02.
                      I’ll go back to cursing the Texans as they continue to screw the pooch! They’re looking at .500 at best!

Comment

Dak is worth $15 mil at most. Can't believe they offered 40.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                          Dak will not hit the free agent market but if he did he would struggle to get 28 M. They are throwing all those numbers out there, take a look at his numbers without Zeke and Cooper, they are embarrassing, in other words he cannot be a good QB without them. He did not even get voted into the top 100 by his peers and he is a very popular player, that should tell you something. I hope like hell he proves me wrong, I don't think he could carry any of the top 10 QB's jock strap without the team he has around him. Let him play out his contract, Cowboys have nothing to lose but a few million, Dak has everything to lose or to gain, COWBOY UP !

You mean the team without his all pro center, a rookie undersized Connor Williams all last year, and without Tyron Smith for a good stretch of 2017?

Look up the sacks given up by the o-line last year. Some are on Dak, not most. That’ll boost your running backs carries! I know...I know...

Comment

I have more faith than y’all do in Dak, and I don’t like, or believe in Zeke...long term. That’s just where we are.

I’ll own it if I’m proved wrong.

I’ll just say this...don’t pay attention to what other players say, pay attention to what comparable players are getting payed, and how those contracts age at their respective positions.

Replacement value tells the tale.

Comment

You mean the team without his all pro center, a rookie undersized Connor Williams all last year, and without Tyron Smith for a good stretch of 2017?

Look up the sacks given up by the o-line last year. Some are on Dak, not most. That’ll boost your running backs carries! I know...I know...

Not all the sacks were on Dak, but way too many were. The guy just doesn’t see the field and hangs onto the ball way too long with open guys.

The only way we’re going to see Zekes value is for him to just not be there. This ‘one of the greatest offensive line of all time’ talk is stuff from 3 years ago. There have been weakness’s in that line the last couple of years.

Comment

Let’s see who holds first... 3 guys wanting to be market setters, and an owner group that says they won’t do business that way...

Comment

Working...
                                X