No announcement yet.

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going with a couple of buddies in the morning.

Comment

Come on...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all post up some pics for those of us stuck at tha dang office!

Comment

Originally posted by txmuleyman View Post
          I’m sure one of you can answer me this question. Buddy bailed on going to PINS this week. So if I go I have to take my dually. Is it going to be an issue getting down to say 20mm in it?
          Been there no problem in mine pulling a trailer...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Boxed 3 missed 8 or 9 at my net... embarrassing! I'm fishing this evening they're here!
            What you throwin?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              What you throwin?
              If he'd throw them plum/truese DSL's he'd be home already with a limit.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                What you throwin?
                Sugar n Spice Salt Assassins... never caught so many Blue Fish in the Surf.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Mexico if you have room for another, I might sneak out early and go that way. Can someone PM where? I'm pretty familiar with the area and your secret is safe with me. Thanks

Comment

I had two guys today and we banged out their limits in the surf pretty easy. Lots of trash fish (bluefish, skipjack, spanish mackeral, etc). Quite a few dinks. Pretty fair number of 18-20" class fish.

The guys I had needed all the help they could get so we threw shrimp under corks. They ended up with 1 keeper red too. It was pretty nice. I think tomorrow will be good.

I saw a huge shark up in the surf too. Huge like at least a couple hundred pounds. I got a real good look at it. And sure enough one of my guys hooks a trash fish and it eats it. Spools him, headed for Cuba at a steady pace.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      If he'd throw them plum/truese DSL's he'd be home already with a limit.
                      That’s right...

Comment

I have just about had enough of this working for a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A bit late but Sunday’s fish box from Calcasieu. Water was really fresh and high. Had a blast chasing birds, prob threw back 30 trout that were within a inch of legal so was still fun. In other news I really need a boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mexico thanks for the invite. It was wishful thinking on my part about getting out of work early. I just home. I hope you whack em.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                              I had two guys today and we banged out their limits in the surf pretty easy. Lots of trash fish (bluefish, skipjack, spanish mackeral, etc). Quite a few dinks. Pretty fair number of 18-20" class fish.

The guys I had needed all the help they could get so we threw shrimp under corks. They ended up with 1 keeper red too. It was pretty nice. I think tomorrow will be good.

I saw a huge shark up in the surf too. Huge like at least a couple hundred pounds. I got a real good look at it. And sure enough one of my guys hooks a trash fish and it eats it. Spools him, headed for Cuba at a steady pace.
                              Thought I saw you running around down by Bird Island late morning?
                              I guess I’m getting old!

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                                Thought I saw you running around down by Bird Island late morning?
                                I guess I’m getting old!
                                I hit the surf about 10:30. I started in the bay. Wasn't sure if the surf would be fishable today or not but it flattened out nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X