No announcement yet.

Truck damaged at dealership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dealerships used to have their own paint/body shops ... guess they're contracting out now too. (Herb's)

Comment

They gave me a rental car for a week, but I'm going to return it today and drive my little Honda Civic.... I don't want anything to happen to their rental car while I have it and I be liable for it.

It hurts when you baby your truck and then some dumbarse airhead at the dealership puts not one, but two dents on it....

I just hope the dents are fixed like the truck was before and not noticeable, I'll change my own oil from now on, thank you!!!

Comment

stuff happens. while they should have owned up to it before you caught it, it sounds like they will make it right. no reason to believe they won't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
          They gave me a rental car for a week, but I'm going to return it today and drive my little Honda Civic.... I don't want anything to happen to their rental car while I have it and I be liable for it.

It hurts when you baby your truck and then some dumbarse airhead at the dealership puts not one, but two dents on it....

I just hope the dents are fixed like the truck was before and not noticeable, I'll change my own oil from now on, thank you!!!
          This is where the phrase "S%6& happens" fits perfectly. Hurts? I am going out on a limb here and say that no matter how perfect the job they do is, you'll "be able to tell". No offense, but you act like somebody stabbed your grandma. I guess everything is relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
            This is where the phrase "S%6& happens" fits perfectly. Hurts? I am going out on a limb here and say that no matter how perfect the job they do is, you'll "be able to tell". No offense, but you act like somebody stabbed your grandma. I guess everything is relative.
            Thank you for your time to reply and judgement.....
            Are you saying if you took your new truck in for a simple oil change and they put two dents in it, you'll just say "$&@! happens" and move on??? I seriously doubt it...
            Anyone who works hard and buys nice things and sees them get damaged due to someone's negligence would get upset,,,,
            now if you're a high-roller and every time something you own gets damaged due someone else's negligence you say "$h!t happens" and move on, that's a different story....
            Last edited by ATI; 07-16-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

This happened to me at Parkway Chevrolet in tomball/Houston area. I took my brand new truck days after I bought it too have some final "touch ups" done. I waited in the lobby during the service. Received it back with two brand new scratches. The sales manager and my sales guy laughed at me from the behind the glass wall. Then came out and told me the scratches were already there. Asked if I had pictures from the moment they took keys to prove it. Long story short I ended up with a scratched, brand new truck.

My only defense is to get the word out to stay away from Parkway Chevrolet. It makes me feel good to know I've steered 3 definite clients away from them. Not mention the other people the Ive spread to the word to.

Sorry, rant over. I never miss a chance to spread my crappy experience at Parkway.

Comment

I'm ok with "scratches" I'm NOT ok with dents, and chipped paint.

It amuses me that some people call me out for being upset over the dealer denting, scratching and chipping paint off my truck. I guarantee you these heroes would be just as upset if it happened to them....

Regardless, the truck is in the shop and I hope it comes back properly repaired so I can put this behind me.

Comment

They only way to match the paint is to paint the whole truck.

I'll bet you, that they have cameras everywhere in that service area for insurance purposes. On film, you will see how your truck was mishandled. You attorney would be able to sue for the film.

Comment

They can match paint without painting the whole truck if you bring it to somebody reputable.
                    it really is not that hard to match paint.
                    Even Maaco did an excellent job matching my paint. I can’t even tell they repainted other than the lack of clear coat failure.

Comment

a good shop can match the paint without having to repaint the entire truck we do it everyday

Comment

I'm ok with "scratches" I'm NOT ok with dents, and chipped paint.

It amuses me that some people call me out for being upset over the dealer denting, scratching and chipping paint off my truck. I guarantee you these heroes would be just as upset if it happened to them....

Regardless, the truck is in the shop and I hope it comes back properly repaired so I can put this behind me.
                        Same responses I got when a valet hit a pole with mine. $2000 in damages. Paint was missing. Creased the bumper. Scratched the crap out of a custom rim. Don Hewlet fixed it like new and the hotel paid for it. Screw em. If the tables were turned they’d act different. Hope it ends up like new for you

Comment

Thank you for your time to reply and judgement.....
                          Are you saying if you took your new truck in for a simple oil change and they put two dents in it, you'll just say "$&@! happens" and move on??? I seriously doubt it...
                          Anyone who works hard and buys nice things and sees them get damaged due to someone's negligence would get upset,,,,
                          now if you're a high-roller and every time something you own gets damaged due someone else's negligence you say "$h!t happens" and move on, that's a different story....
                          No judgement here. I wouldn't move on, they'd repair it. Anybody who knows me knows this and I wouldn't get too bent about it. If they wanted to balk, that's fine too, would just go a different rough. I am laughing my *** off at high roller... and anyone who knows me probably is too. I used to act like an *** about things like that, when I was younger, not anymore. I have nice things, but trust me, no high rolling here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I apologize if I came off like an azz (which I'm thinking I did).

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            No judgement here. I wouldn't move on, they'd repair it. Anybody who knows me knows this and I wouldn't get too bent about it. If they wanted to balk, that's fine too, would just go a different rough. I am laughing my *** off at high roller... and anyone who knows me probably is too. I used to act like an *** about things like that, when I was younger, not anymore. I have nice things, but trust me, no high rolling here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I apologize if I came off like an azz (which I'm thinking I did).
                            I responded to your PM but your mailbox is full... You didn't hurt my feeling and I appreciate you being a man and apologizing. It's all good. Thank you sir.

Comment

update on the truck.

Since the dealership did what they said they would, I will not mention the name.
                              They sent my truck to "Gerber Collision and Glass" and after 9 days I have my truck back.

They discovered the tail light was cracked as well, but I think it was caused by Hail and did not pursue them to change it (now I regret that since I'm not sure what cause the crack)
                              Gerber did a great job and all their employees are very professional I specially appreciate Aaron for all his work and help.

The dents are completely gone, you'd have to be a body man to notice any job done on the truck and I'm pleased with the work.

Should I buy the Service Manager at the dealer and/or the guy at Gerber Collision a case of beer or a bottle of the good stuff as a thank you note?

Comment

Glad it all worked out. I will always go
                                Out of my way to show appreciation for a job well done and professionalism. So I’d do
                                Something for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X