Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyplace to get mesquite Abilene to Lubbock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyplace to get mesquite Abilene to Lubbock?

As the title says , does anyone know where I can get a small amount of mesquite for smoking/grilling?

I am heading to New Mexico and promised our guide last year that I would bring him some mesquite. The dummy that I am, I forgot to load it in the truck! Surely someone sells it along the way. Cisco is my next town.

Wish I could help Randy....

But unfortunately I’m on the White River with Rob chasing Browns this weekend

Good luck buddy

Comment

How much are you needing? I have some unsplit wood i cut last year. But not very much.

Comment

Abilene craigslist usually has quite a few listings

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post

Good luck buddy
          With Rob??? Give him a big wet kiss for me!

Rob, give Curtisima a big wet kiss from me also!!!

The white is on my bucket list! Ima gonna put the mash on you some day!

We are floating the San Juan one day and fishing the Chama and Conejos the other days!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post

Good luck buddy
            Man...I freakin love the white river! Y’all staying at Gaston’s by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
              How much are you needing? I have some unsplit wood i cut last year. But not very much.

Just need a small amount, maybe one row across the bed of the pickup. Thanks for the offer, but I don’t have the time to veer off too far from my route. Trying to make Clovis tonight. Got started late! 😩 I may just have to buy him a bag of mesquite chunks at Academy!

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
              Abilene craigslist usually has quite a few listings

Thanks, good idea, just don’t have the time...passing through.

Comment

I’m 20 miles west of Abilene, 3 miles north of I20. I have 4 or so pieces that are around 18-24” long and probably 10” in diameter. Probably some scattered smaller pieces, not sure on that though. I’m pulling into the house now and I’ll check.

Comment

Check Stripes. They usually have bags outside. The one in Angelo had mesquite, pecan and oak today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wait! I just realized Merkel IS on the way. Are you availabile in the next hour? We are maybe 30 west of Abilene???

Comment

I’m 20 miles west of Abilene, 3 miles north of I20. I have 4 or so pieces that are around 18-24” long and probably 10” in diameter. Probably some scattered smaller pieces, not sure on that though. I’m pulling into the house now and I’ll check.
                      That will be perfect if we can meet up!!!

My cell is 90 three 2 4 zero 574 four. Call me please.

Comment

There’s a place in north Frankford in Lubbock that sells mesquite. Normally I’d help you out if I had any stocked right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Wait! I just realized Merkel IS on the way. Are you availabile in the next hour? We are maybe 30 west of Abilene???
                          Yes sir I’ll be around. I cut it last year, 9 total pieces of wood.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Check Stripes. They usually have bags outside. The one in Angelo had mesquite, pecan and oak today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Excellent idea also! Thanks, BoB!

Comment

I love TBH!!! Another hookup with a fine TBHer helping out another!

Thanks, Puncher51!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X