• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcamp View Post
    Backing out for the night.. in yals experiences will
    He come back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably but you never know. If he catches scent of a sow in heat he could be off to the next county to never return. If he's really smart and he thought he was being hunted at that feeder, he might never return.

Comment

I would say back out for a week. Check the trail cam, pattern him again, and then come up with a plan to get him. Keep us posted.

Comment

Needed some wind so you could come up from downwind.

Comment

Originally posted by jcamp View Post
          Referring to the sizeable male organ

Not that sizeable....

Comment

That's a weird looking elephant...

Comment

We kill lots of pigs sneaking up on the feeders.
              I would seriously try to find a friend with thermal and approach from downwind.
              I have seen boars take forever to approach a feeder, even at dusk.

BP

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Update... he was back last night at midnight.. [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Comment

Wait for a good steady wind and get you a cell phone trail camera... When you get a pic, sneak in and whack him. A lot easier to kill him that way than sitting and waiting on him if he's mature... A mature boar is one of the toughest animals around to get to come into a feeder when you're sitting within bow range of it... They often will make unbelievably large circles checking the feeder out before committing to come in... Pretty easy to fool their nose with the right wind, and easy to fool their eyes and ears too...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Wait for a good steady wind and get you a cell phone trail camera... When you get a pic, sneak in and whack him. A lot easier to kill him that way than sitting and waiting on him if he's mature... A mature boar is one of the toughest animals around to get to come into a feeder when you're sitting within bow range of it... They often will make unbelievably large circles checking the feeder out before committing to come in... Pretty easy to fool their nose with the right wind, and easy to fool their eyes and ears too...

No doubt..

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Good luck OP, gonna have to try this out myself!

Comment

Back after him tonight even though my wind is bad... gonna take my chances of waiting back And slipping in when he is there

Comment

Good luck. I’m out tonight. Long wait but this wind should help

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
                              Good luck. I’m out tonight. Long wait but this wind should help

Anything?

I got skunked.

Comment

Had one bust me right at dusk, my son shot one, but no recovery

Comment

Working...
                                X