• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    less than insurance increase more than likely
    Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      less than insurance increase more than likely
      Her income is stand alone. My company pays for our family health insurance. It's a win for her, but it only really amounts to about $1.30 an hour for her contract period.

Comment

Fix the corruption and teachers would make a lot more money.

Comment

just go sit on a cactus!!!!

Comment

The bill that passed is hard to figure out. It will send about $1000 per student to schools in the general allotment. Of that, 30% is required to go to raises for full-time employees, except administrators. Of that 30%, 75% goes to teachers, nurses, librarians and counselors. The remining 25% to other full-time employees. So how much teachers will get will depend on their district and how many teachers it will be divided into. It is estimated that it will be between $1000 - $3000 per teacher. We are still trying to figure it all out in our district. Wont go into effect until September.

Comment

I have been told by a very reliable source within this district that we will get a substantial raise but I will only believe it when I see it in my paycheck. Districts have a way of keeping money and not giving it to teachers.

Comment

It would be nice to see the teachers get the 3000. It seems like when we do get a raise, its typically 2% and that always gets eaten up by the increase in insurance premiums each year. So your raise basically goes to covering the cost of insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                  The bill that passed is hard to figure out. It will send about $1000 per student to schools in the general allotment. Of that, 30% is required to go to raises for full-time employees, except administrators. Of that 30%, 75% goes to teachers, nurses, librarians and counselors. The remining 25% to other full-time employees. So how much teachers will get will depend on their district and how many teachers it will be divided into. It is estimated that it will be between $1000 - $3000 per teacher. We are still trying to figure it all out in our district. Wont go into effect until September.

It better be toward the $3k end on top of what the district should be giving us before the bill passed. That talk of $5k raise is where the districts should be looking to meet. All these teachers walking out of the classrooms all over the US and Texas teachers being paid in the bottom 3rd of the 50 states. This should scare bigger districts to do the right thing. When this country puts importance into education and not pay $200 Million sports contracts it’d be a lot better for the US. If nothing else find a insurance that doesn’t cost me $1k a month and it’s pure **** to begin with. Then maybe that $150 a month raise will mean something.

Rant over...where’s my beer!

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      Wife’s monthly stub bumped $2300 per year. It’s something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Her district already figured the allotment per employee? Wow, we won’t know till late summer at earliest but are not expecting more than $1200.00. Fairly certain our increase in insurance will exceed that. Smoke and mirrors by Dan and Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                        Her district already figured the allotment per employee? Wow, we won’t know till late summer at earliest but are not expecting more than $1200.00. Fairly certain our increase in insurance will exceed that. Smoke and mirrors by Dan and Greg.
                        Not sure where all of the other the figures are coming from but according to this article from TEA the minimum state salary schedule got an increase of around $5500.

Comment

Originally posted by rfroese View Post
                          Not sure where all of the other the figures are coming from but according to this article from TEA the minimum state salary schedule got an increase of around $5500.

https://tea.texas.gov/interiorpage_w...hem0c19viQj3ac
                          lol

Comment

NO!!

Was patiently waiting for someone to finally address the very expensive and wasteful sports programs. Why am I forced to be saddled with the school boards wants-wises and wet dreams for multi million dollar stadiums-Exclusive fancy busses (for football players only) and the Whole Texas illusion of Football is KING in general.

Academics of yesterday reading, writing and arithmetic where did it all go. The math taught today produces idiots who cannot count out change or simply add 2+2. With reading skills far below average and forget it if you send them a letter written in cursive not only can’t they write long hand they can’t read it.
                            IMO I AM NOT getting my tax worth for what eduction I see my Grand Children receiving today.

There needs to be more emphasis placed on trades of other formal training that will allow these kids of today to have a means of supporting themselves. Other than going into mega debt for educations (degrees) that are sometimes completely useless.

Is it the fault of the front line teacher one must first realize they must regurgitate what Austin mandates. And look out if they don’t toe the Texas line. I see attitudes in some of the teachers that don’t belong in the classroom and will always call out the liberals' and their brain washed ways. The whole system needs a revamp. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by MLAH View Post
                              NO!!

Was patiently waiting for someone to finally address the very expensive and wasteful sports programs. Why am I forced to be saddled with the school boards wants-wises and wet dreams for multi million dollar stadiums-Exclusive fancy busses (for football players only) and the Whole Texas illusion of Football is KING in general.

Academics of yesterday reading, writing and arithmetic where did it all go. The math taught today produces idiots who cannot count out change or simply add 2+2. With reading skills far below average and forget it if you send them a letter written in cursive not only can’t they write long hand they can’t read it.
                              IMO I AM NOT getting my tax worth for what eduction I see my Grand Children receiving today.

There needs to be more emphasis placed on trades of other formal training that will allow these kids of today to have a means of supporting themselves. Other than going into mega debt for educations (degrees) that are sometimes completely useless.

Is it the fault of the front line teacher one must first realize they must regurgitate what Austin mandates. And look out if they don’t toe the Texas line. I see attitudes in some of the teachers that don’t belong in the classroom and will always call out the liberals' and their brain washed ways. The whole system needs a revamp. IMO
                              Maybe we should ban color TV too Your sentence structure is not good.

Comment

Did he say this mess is the teachers fault? It’s tough to read.

Comment

Working...
                                X