No announcement yet.

Hunting Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest ones you can find. The deer and hogs won’t know a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fmj

Comment

Black Eagle Vintage.

Gary

Comment

340 Axis

Comment

Going on my first archery elk hunt so I built a beefier arrow for the special occasion, my old setup worked fine on the deer and pigs in Texas. (BE Deep Impact 350, 430gr, 100gr GraveDigger, never measured FOC)

For Elk
            BE Deep Impact 300, 505gr, 125gr Iron Will, 14% FOC, using Ethics Archery Insert/Outsert system

The old arrows would work for elk to but gave me a good excuse to try something new.

Comment

C/E mayhems 250's.
              Use to shoot Maximas and FMJ's.
              Both are great arrows but honestly, with my set-up, I can't tell any difference out to 60+ yards with 'em and the Mayhems are much less expensive. I get great penetration with 'em ( shooting 62# and rage Hypos) on both deer and hogs.

Comment

Bois d'arc footed doug fir tapered wood arrows with 4" , 4 fletch feathers . 125 gr 2 blade zwickey.
                Just avoid that shoulder blade on an elk and most arrows are fine.

Comment

UP UP UP

After talking to several people, my current arrows are way over spined. Which attributes to the issues ive had with them grouping.

I am now in the market for new arrows before hunting season. I am currently looking at the Gold Tip XT Hunter 400s. Anyone shoot these? My plan is to shoot a 100gr broadhead and have 100 gr insert.

Comment

Victory RIPXV 300 spine
                    28" arrow with a 58 grain insert
                    320 FPS
                    85ftlbs
                    18% FOC
                    376 grains Total weight

Comment

Easton XX75's
                      552 grains @ 252 fps (I haven't done the FOC calcs)
                      $60.00 / Dozen and fly amazing
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Terran28 View Post
                        I have Black Eagle Rampage, they are micro diameter shafts. I shoot a 300 spine that is 27.5 inches from nock throat to end of carbon. These arrows have "half-out" inserts that are 51 grains of stainless steel that they come with (I broadhead spin tune and mark the inserts for perfect flight before gluing) . I am shooting 125 grain tips. My total FOC for this arrow set up is 16.94%

My exact set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X