2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post
    My son got a nondisplaced crack in a bone in his hand while making a tag on a kid that didn't slide into home, he tagged the kid in the knee's hard, his mitt flew about 10' off his hand and you could tell he was in instant pain.
    That sucks man, hopefully he gets it healed up quick.

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Got to the ship.. 15 hours at a ball park dominating other teams..and ran into a really good set of AAA 8 yearolds playing up .. that played us hard and inched us out with a single run in last inning. Little team were monsters on the field with fantastic IQ.... parents not so great..

Tan caught all 5 games today (sans one inning wear i took him out to cool him off).
    Played phenominal and got some hits today and finally got a hold of a good one to drop in deep outfield with no one under it for a change.
    Ambush by chance?

Our 8s had to play 9open yesterday because of the rain, the 8open division was canceled, the played two majors teams and held their own, losing 7-4 and 6-5, we out hit the first team 8-1 but had 5 outs on the bases 😫

The 11s were thrown together Team Hustle this weekend and had a lot of fun playing all over the field, first game we didn't hit and lost 3-1 and second game we tied a 10majors team that played very well, Brock went 3 up 3 down in the 1st, didn't look like they were very interested in trying to hit him lol, and then we threw some kids that don't pitch much and proceeded to walk 11 kids over the next 4 innings and ended up in a tie 10-10😂👎

Both boys are back at it this weekend too, and once again rain is in the forecast 👎👎

Comment

Pics

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        That sucks man, hopefully he gets it healed up quick.

Ambush by chance?

Our 8s had to play 9open yesterday because of the rain, the 8open division was canceled, the played two majors teams and held their own, losing 7-4 and 6-5, we out hit the first team 8-1 but had 5 outs on the bases [emoji31]

The 11s were thrown together Team Hustle this weekend and had a lot of fun playing all over the field, first game we didn't hit and lost 3-1 and second game we tied a 10majors team that played very well, Brock went 3 up 3 down in the 1st, didn't look like they were very interested in trying to hit him lol, and then we threw some kids that don't pitch much and proceeded to walk 11 kids over the next 4 innings and ended up in a tie 10-10[emoji23][emoji107]

Both boys are back at it this weekend too, and once again rain is in the forecast [emoji107][emoji107]
        Boombah Blacksox.. really good little team.. parents need an over haul.. but the kids were salty and played really well together.

Comment

Boombah Blacksox.. really good little team.. parents need an over haul.. but the kids were salty and played really well together.
          Gotcha, we haven't played them, but sounds like that Ambush team we've played a few times.

If some of you remember we were on live streaming our game against them in Houston last year when we came back and won with no time left and all hell broke loose after the game haha
          Last edited by jshouse; 05-20-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Any 6u kids now looking for a team in north dallas ( wylie )
            Playing 7u this fall...team has a solid core ( won the Rockwall select league )
            Non Dad head coach..
            Let me know

Comment

jshouse - that kid on the mound has some good form for his age. Has he been working with a pitching coach?

Our 14U team knocked off a majors level team yesterday on a close one. However, we turned around & took a beaten by another good team. We struggle with pitching depth. Too many walks & loading bases & then a hit damages us. Saw some good baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                jshouse - that kid on the mound has some good form for his age. Has he been working with a pitching coach?

Our 14U team knocked off a majors level team yesterday on a close one. However, we turned around & took a beaten by another good team. We struggle with pitching depth. Too many walks & loading bases & then a hit damages us. Saw some good baseball.
                He has had to bounce around bit just due to schedules changing, he got a lot working with Mason Englert over the winter and has been to Linty Ingram at ASB a handful of times this spring. I am currently looking for someone because Linty is so hard to get in with. I've heard really good feedback on Chris Salerno in Forney but he's hard to get a spot with as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  He has had to bounce around bit just due to schedules changing, he got a lot working with Mason Englert over the winter and has been to Linty Ingram at ASB a handful of times this spring. I am currently looking for someone because Linty is so hard to get in with. I've heard really good feedback on Chris Salerno in Forney but he's hard to get a spot with as well.
                  Oh ok. Looks like he uses his body well with weight shift & timing of glove/hand separation. Many kids are more arm & almost over top at front foot land.
                  In the Tyler area we don’t have as many options as probably your area. D-bats in Tyler is where I may have my son work with some pitching

Comment

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post
                    My son got a nondisplaced crack in a bone in his hand while making a tag on a kid that didn't slide into home, he tagged the kid in the knee's hard, his mitt flew about 10' off his hand and you could tell he was in instant pain.
                    Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Comment

Got to the ship.. 15 hours at a ball park dominating other teams..and ran into a really good set of AAA 8 yearolds playing up .. that played us hard and inched us out with a single run in last inning. Little team were monsters on the field with fantastic IQ.... parents not so great..

Tan caught all 5 games today (sans one inning wear i took him out to cool him off).
                      Played phenominal and got some hits today and finally got a hold of a good one to drop in deep outfield with no one under it for a change.
                      Great day of ball for you guys, but man do they not have any other catchers? Catching 5 games in a day is a great way to get a youngun hurt. I sure wouldn't let him throw at practice this week if it were my boy.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                        Great day of ball for you guys, but man do they not have any other catchers? Catching 5 games in a day is a great way to get a youngun hurt. I sure wouldn't let him throw at practice this week if it were my boy.
                        We do... but..they lack blocking skills...like,any.. their great fielders..just not that level of crazy needed behind the plate....and hes a wall...
                        Trust me i watch him like a hawk.. i was more concerned with him overheating..but cooling rags and that vest did the trick there.

He threw down to 2nd 7 times over the day (not including at inning starts..)..
                        found it easier to get them comfortable stealing then pick them at 3rd.

He was fine..we had hour and half rest between each game..which was nice.
                        No practice till wednesday..and hes not throwing at it.. do fielding drills to a bucket.

We will be working his backups.

Comment

We do... but..they lack blocking skills...like,any.. their great fielders..just not that level of crazy needed behind the plate....and hes a wall...
                          Trust me i watch him like a hawk.. i was more concerned with him overheating..but cooling rags and that vest did the trick there.

He threw down to 2nd 7 times over the day (not including at inning starts..)..
                          found it easier to get them comfortable stealing then pick them at 3rd.

He was fine..we had hour and half rest between each game..which was nice.
                          No practice till wednesday..and hes not throwing at it.. do fielding drills to a bucket.

We will be working his backups.
                          Good to hear. I had the same kind of catcher at that age and he was also a strike thrower on the mound. You couldn't beat him and make him leave his catcher position on them long Sundays. LOL He got used way too much in both positions and I didn't know any better at the time and did not stop the coaches from doing it. He's never had any arm trouble, that he's let me know about, but I can tell you his arm strength is severely lacking now at 13 and I just can't help but wonder if he damaged it when he was 9,10,11. It's just not worth it to win a youth ballgame. Also what is it doing to their knees, hips, and ankles that may not show up until later? I guess I worry too much, but the reality is that they WILL NOT let you know something is bothering them before it's too late in some cases.

Comment

edit
                            Last edited by mr. buck; 05-20-2019, 10:43 PM.

Comment

both boys playing this weekend, the 8s are playing 9aa in mckinney at 8a and 945a and then the 11s play in melissa at 3p and 445p....long day of baseball. might be able to work in a hog hunt after the last game at one of my spots though so the boys will be pumped.

Comment

We're off..
                                Good luck this weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X