Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

following

Comment

Back up in NY I am involved with many things and getting going here in The Hill Country. 15 year committee member of the Friends of the NRA.
      In NY for the last 7 years I have been handling the archery range at Nat'l Hunting and Fishing Day. We get over 400 people in a 7 hour event to come and shoot bows...all for free. All to promote hunting,trapping and fishing. This is a event that takes place nationwide(3rd wk in Sept) and glad it has wings in such a crappy lefty area where hunting fishing and shooting is looked down upon.
      One pic of a past day.
      KIMG0340 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

I also run the archery portion of Adaptive Sports Field days at a rehab hospital close to West Point. We get some really challenged folks that are loving archery to help with the hand eye coordination challenges rehab presents. The hospital allows us to shoot on hospital grounds and we set up a small range for the various attendees to shoot arrows at. It is incredibly rewarding to do this. This used a be a once a year event. We now do it twice a year and it is getting bigger each year.
      I sure hope the guys who have worked with me keep this going when I am totally out of NY...very soon.
      I am looking forward to getting involved in youth activities and the Friends of the NRA dinners when I have more time to give Texas.
      5626 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
      KIMG0373 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

4h rifle team coach
        Ducks unlimited local chapter

Comment

Coached kids in soccer and baseball when they were young. Was president of the local soccer league for almost 10 years. Gave it up almost 2 years ago. Still help them out with maintenance projects. Just worked on some lights tonight. Before soccer was president of neighborhood association board for several years.

Next thing I want to do is start to volunteer with TYHP. Love taking kids hunting and my son ain’t a kid no more and nephews are almost all too old now. Want to help get kids into hunting even if it’s just cooking for them.

Comment

Relay for Life - American Cancer Society
            OHH- Oilfield Helping Hands
            Special Olympics
            Habitat for Hunanity
            Some school events

We were blessed and want to help others less fortunate.

Big pig

Comment

I wish I had $5 for every hour I spent in a volunteer role over the years. I have volunteered for countless civic organizations including United Way in Dallas and Longview, Board Member of Alamo Area Council of the Boy Scouts in San Antonio and Finance Chairman of the Circle 10 Council Boy Scouts in Longview, Associate Board of the Baptist Memorial Hospital System in San Antonio, Board of Trustees of Southwest Public Broadcasting in San Antonio and Austin, which owned KLRU and KLRN and originally produced Austin City Limits, Member of the Board of Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce in Addison, Board Member of Addison Business Association, Board Member of Longview Economic Development Corporation and Chamber of Commerce, Board of Trustees of White Oak ISD and Board of Trustees of Kilgore College. Currently, on the Planning & Zoning Committee for the City of White Oak. Also volunteered with Habitat for Humanity for several years.
              Last edited by Burnadell; 03-19-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                I wish I had $5 for every hour I spent in a volunteer role over the years. I have volunteered for countless civic organizations including United Way in Dallas and Longview, Board Member of Alamo Area Council of the Boy Scouts in San Antonio and Finance Chairman of the Circle 10 Council Boy Scouts in Longview, Associate Board of the Baptist Memorial Hospital System in San Antonio, Board of Trustees of Southwest Public Broadcasting in San Antonio and Austin, which owned KLRU and KLRN and originally produced Austin City Limits, Member of the Board of Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce in Addison, Board Member of Addison Business Association, Board Member of Longview Economic Development Corporation and Chamber of Commerce, Board of Trustees of White Oak ISD and Board of Trustees of Kilgore College. Currently, on the Planning & Zoning Committee for the City of White Oak. Also volunteered with Habitat for Humanity for several years.
                That's what I'm talkin' about Burnadell. Imagine what our communities would be like if half of the adults had that kind of dedication to helping others.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                  That's what I'm talkin' about Burnadell. Imagine what our communities would be like if half of the adults had that kind of dedication to helping others.
                  This and I cannot imagine the impact Randy has had on his community and circle of friends.

I think he ought to run for office...I’d vote for him

GoF 2020?

Comment

I do "Habitat for Humanity" and "Rebuild Houston" volunteering to rebuild, repair and build homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                      Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                      This and I cannot imagine the impact Randy has had on his community and circle of friends.

I think he ought to run for office...I’d vote for him

GoF 2020?
                      Thank you gentlemen for the kind words. In full disclosure, I was in bank management in most of those years, and civic organizations seem to think that bankers should be on their boards for some reason. Frankly, it was gratifying but tiring. When I got out of banking, I severely limited my volunteer activities.

Comment

Working...
                      X