Amazing Big Bend Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
    Love to go hike and camp there now that I'm retired. Thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
      I saw your truck in the parking lot if you have 2 tbh stickers. We stayed just up the hill at the Emory peak lodge. The winds that came in Monday night were crazy, we drove back to San Antonio in them on Tuesday. Was not fun
      Yep, that was me! To bad we didn’t meet up and have some cold beer. Monday and Tuesday had some bad winds.

Comment

Very nice sir, thank you for sharing!

Comment

That’s a very cool part of Texas. Most Texans don’t really know we have terrain like that in TX. I was one of those that didn’t know until I had the chance to experience it.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
            Nice. Do yall drive an Excursion? I saw one out there with a sticker. Where did you ride out the wind Tuesday night?
            If it a was a tan X that might have been me. We spent the week out there. Wished I would have known there was so many TBHrs there

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
              If it a was a tan X that might have been me. We spent the week out there. Wished I would have known there was so many TBHrs there
              Yes I was trying to decide if it was the champagne or charcoal color under the dust Saw yall parked near the Sotol vista and once again on FM170 near the Ghost Town. Storm almost killed us Tuesday night but we survived and made it back to reality

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                Yes I was trying to decide if it was the champagne or charcoal color under the dust Saw yall parked near the Sotol vista and once again on FM170 near the Ghost Town. Storm almost killed us Tuesday night but we survived and made it back to reality
                Yeah, it stayed pretty dirty the whole time Those winds were brutal, we stayed at Maverick Ranch (Lajitas) and I was outside packing chairs up when it hit. Had a truck camper blow off it's stilts and a popup get the top ripped off there in the park. All in all was a good trip though.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP -

Comment

Lots of them pics look like mine too...nice park...I need to get my wife and kids to that Terlingua Fault as well...now that's a wall!...we don't need to build there...

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

always love seeing threads with big bend photos. need to get out there. Great Pics!

Comment

My wife and I were there back in January and we LOVED it. We did not do many hikes, but I want to go back and hike the trails. More time and betters maps would have been a Great thing to have.
                        The most we ventured Off Road was a turn down Glenn Springs Road for about 5 miles and then turned around and came back.
                        Gorgeous country and a lot to see. Evert TEXAN should go there at least once.

Comment

I went there in ‘93. Lots of rugged and big country that makes you realize just how small we are in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for sharing the pics and adventures.

Comment

Working...
                          X