Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    If I said 3/4 you are guaranteed 1.5” in Christoval!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1" on the dot in 3 gauges...

Comment

Heading to the lease tomorrow for a much needed break from the daily grind with my lease buddies. We will be topping off cottonseed, trapping coons, shed hunting, setting up a community blind, black buck hunting, having a craw fish boil, drinking some whiskey, smoking cigars and playing poker.

We have had 2 protein fills since beginning of February. So far protein consumption at all 10 stations is down for us, but I expect it to pick up very soon if history from the last 5 years repeats itself.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
        Heading to the lease tomorrow for a much needed break from the daily grind with my lease buddies. We will be topping off cottonseed, trapping coons, shed hunting, setting up a community blind, black buck hunting, having a craw fish boil, drinking some whiskey, smoking cigars and playing poker.

We have had 2 protein fills since beginning of February. So far protein consumption at all 10 stations is down for us, but I expect it to pick up very soon if history from the last 5 years repeats itself.

Y all have fun Zac! Bring the pain to those trash pandas

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          1" on the dot in 3 gauges...

Comment

1"1/2 reported at Robert Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
              1"1/2 reported at Robert Lee.
              Sweet.

Comment

Irion County Rainforest

Comment

good way to kick off spring especially with the amount of ground moisture already in place.

Comment

I’m in Mertzon and we got just over an inch. Wind was pretty rough. Power was out for a little bit also. But.... bluebird sky today.

Comment

For you turkey hunters:

I am new to turkey hunting and made a serious effort for the first time last year, and pretty much got schooled. They were not gobbling much though as it was late in the season.

We see turkeys on our place, but they do not seem to consistently roost on our place. They do seem to consistently roost on the property to the north of us. I have found a couple of places where they cross the north fence line, and there are some water sources that they seem to come to.

So, if I can't set up early on a roost tree, how would you go about trying to locate them?

My current plan is to get out early and try to listen for gobbles, then set up a little ways off where they cross. If that doesn't work, try to drive around and call to locate.

Is there a plan for how y'all would do this? Any other general turkey tips for a fairly novice hunter? Any tips for call sequences or calling in general?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        For you turkey hunters:

I am new to turkey hunting and made a serious effort for the first time last year, and pretty much got schooled. They were not gobbling much though as it was late in the season.

We see turkeys on our place, but they do not seem to consistently roost on our place. They do seem to consistently roost on the property to the north of us. I have found a couple of places where they cross the north fence line, and there are some water sources that they seem to come to.

So, if I can't set up early on a roost tree, how would you go about trying to locate them?

My current plan is to get out early and try to listen for gobbles, then set up a little ways off where they cross. If that doesn't work, try to drive around and call to locate.

Is there a plan for how y'all would do this? Any other general turkey tips for a fairly novice hunter? Any tips for call sequences or calling in general?

Smart is the local turkey f***** guru ! The man to ask!

Comment

Got a new rice bran feeder

Comment

Haha NICE! You are gonna be worn plum out by the time you get that thing filled!

Comment

Smart is the local turkey f***** guru ! The man to ask!

Searching for middle finger smiley.....
                              Last edited by Smart; 03-15-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X