No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim odds but lost a set of keys possibly near gate 6 or gate 9 today if anyone happens to run across them.

Comment

Friday March 1st

Hey anyone wanna help out with a good place to take a disabled hunter at Granger? I was thinking of taking him to the Pecan Grove as he can only walk for a little bit then has to rest due to having one leg. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone wants to meet up and go with us feel free to let me know and we can hook up.
      Last edited by Droney1980; 02-25-2019, 05:24 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

I would think that would pretty rough, but I'm sure he's used to rough. Terrain behind Primitive Camp is fairly flat, but you'd have to get there. Also, the terrain South of #7.
        Last edited by Wudstix; 02-25-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Anyone been to Sore Finger lately? Is the water down at all?

Comment

Haven’t been out there in awhile. Need to make a trip and walk it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Droney1980 View Post
              Hey anyone wanna help out with a good place to take a disabled hunter at Granger? I was thinking of taking him to the Pecan Grove as he can only walk for a little bit then has to rest due to having one leg. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone wants to meet up and go with us feel free to let me know and we can hook up.
              I have a boat. I can float yall in deep. Pick you back up later after fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                Anyone been to Sore Finger lately? Is the water down at all?

Water is pretty much back to normal levels and it’s not too muddy anymore.

Comment

DirtyMike I appreciate the offer, don't know how willing he will be for a boat ride but I really do appreciate it! What are you going fishing for?

Comment

Negative report at Pecan Grove. With foggy weather on tap this Wednesday morning I took the opportunity to hunt Pecan Grove, north side of the regular dam outfall. Not only did I not see any hog, there was no fresh rooting or footprints around checkpoint III or V. I finally saw some minor fresh sign around checkpoint IV. It was still a pleasant walk in the woods. The wild plum is in bloom and smells nice when you are downwind.

Comment

Need to get my Yak wet.

Comment

Paid more dues today. Someone was camped at PC, and I didn't find any piggies.

Comment

Biggest hog I've killed ever and on public land with a bow to boot! [emoji3] I don't know the weight, bigger than me!
                          Back story- 3 weeks ago I snuck up on this boar fighting another slightly smaller boar over his sows. I ended up shooting both of them back to back. This big fella survived a shot directly to the shoulder, only 1.5" of penetration. (See shoulder scar of 2" rage broadhead) I got another shot on him while 15' high in a tree @ 32 yards right at dusk. He ran 200 yards and I lost sight of him. Found him right where I lost sight.

I'm after a bigger boar than this. Seen him so many times and he always hits my scent down wind and makes no issue about it and takes off.
                          I'll be keeping my setup out ready for weekends I can escape work.

(Before anyone cries, I removed my hunter orange for a better quality photo)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                            Biggest hog I've killed ever and on public land with a bow to boot! [emoji3] I don't know the weight, bigger than me!
                            Back story- 3 weeks ago I snuck up on this boar fighting another slightly smaller boar over his sows. I ended up shooting both of them back to back. This big fella survived a shot directly to the shoulder, only 1.5" of penetration. (See shoulder scar of 2" rage broadhead) I got another shot on him while 15' high in a tree @ 32 yards right at dusk. He ran 200 yards and I lost sight of him. Found him right where I lost sight.

I'm after a bigger boar than this. Seen him so many times and he always hits my scent down wind and makes no issue about it and takes off.
                            I'll be keeping my setup out ready for weekends I can escape work.

(Before anyone cries, I removed my hunter orange for a better quality photo)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Get some!

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Bada$s G good work

Comment

Good story and a great pig! What broadhead did you end up killing him with?

Comment

Working...
                                X