Living the Dream in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darton View Post
    Should be another bright season on the horizon! The fact your bridge didn’t wash away is a testament to the builder
    I would be okay if the rains would let up a bit. So far bridge is holding strong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
      Sure do enjoy the pictures of your place. Between you and old Darton keeping us up to date gives me plenty of reading material.
      Thanks. It's been a while since Darton has posted anything. He needs to give us an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
        Thanks. It's been a while since Darton has posted anything. He needs to give us an update.

Agree. Darton seems to be turning into a hermit of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
          Agree. Darton seems to be turning into a hermit of sorts.
          I have been running around with my hair on fire lately! Along with you, the rain is a constant issue that is hindering all projects at this point. Very soon you boys will see a thread that will be, to my knowledge, a first for TBH! It should explain my lack of free time

Any projects for this year Iamhooked?

Comment

I have been running around with my hair on fire lately! Along with you, the rain is a constant issue that is hindering all projects at this point. Very soon you boys will see a thread that will be, to my knowledge, a first for TBH! It should explain my lack of free time

Certainly looking forward to that new thread. I am sure we will all be envious.

I have 2 projects on my "to do list" .
            1. Is to dig out the existing tank. Make it wider and deeper. Only if the rain will stop.
            2. Is to finish fencing the north end that borders the county road. All ready had a dozer clear the path. Just need to get it done.

Comment

I really enjoy the Big 3 Oklahoma "Living the Dream" threads.........But the above post has my interest meter way up...........

Rwc

Comment

Certainly looking forward to that new thread. I am sure we will all be envious.

I have 2 projects on my "to do list" .
                1. Is to dig out the existing tank. Make it wider and deeper. Only if the rain will stop.
                2. Is to finish fencing the north end that borders the county road. All ready had a dozer clear the path. Just need to get it done.

Sounds great! That pond project should yield great results! Can't wait for the finished product!

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                I really enjoy the Big 3 Oklahoma "Living the Dream" threads.........But the above post has my interest meter way up...........

Rwc
                Look forward to your thoughts once I get it posted

Comment

Congrats, you’re definitely living the dream. I enjoy readinthreads like this as it gives me hope that one day I could own land. Looks like an awesome place!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics of the bridge.
                    We are planning a similar build this summer.
                    Great place CONGRATS!

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                      Thanks for sharing the pics of the bridge.

We are planning a similar build this summer.

Great place CONGRATS!
                      Thanks! If you need help with the bridge let me know. Be glad to go over how I built it so it won't wash away.

Comment

Originally posted by JMart76 View Post
                        Congrats, you’re definitely living the dream. I enjoy readinthreads like this as it gives me hope that one day I could own land. Looks like an awesome place!
                        Thank you sir!

Comment

Thanks! If you need help with the bridge let me know. Be glad to go over how I built it so it won't wash away.

And this guy knows! His bridge could be the modern day Bridge On the River Kwai

Comment

Looks like you did an awesome job on building the bridge! It's nice seeing that the bucks made it through the season! I love finding the sheds, I'm ready to find some at the 160! Darton, you got me scratching my head on your future thread

Comment

I don't post much but I do enjoy reading everyone's post. Well back in Feb I noticed a ranch for sale in Oklahoma. I didn't act on it then but it did catch my eye. I was still looking for a place in Texas or at least I thought. Long story short I contacted Darton to see if the ranch was still available in March. We set a time to meet and look at the ranch. I was able to buy it and closed on it in June. I have started a few improvements which didn't need many. I have ran power to the shop and installed lights and just completed a bridge over a creek. I have a few pictures to share and more to come. Thanks Darton. You are welcome to come hunt anytime.
                              If pictures don't come through I will probably need some advice. Been a while. Thanks

Can you tell me how far across that creek you had to go?

I have a creek that I need to cross and still trying to figure out what the best way is to build a bridge.

Comment

Looking great sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X