No announcement yet.

Stockshow Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're definitely in the thick of the season. At county, kids both sold a pen of rabbits (bunnies feed steers!). Nathan had third light black steer. Millie had 2nd heavy black steer.

Last Friday we welcomed 75 broilers for Austin. That's a hoot.

We leave midnight tomorrow to stage steers in SA. Nathan shows the first class of the show, light wt Maine. Millie shows Wednesday (we're praying here) a heavy ABC. If not, she goes Friday.

Comment

We got in line at 10 pm last night and unloaded pigs at 430 am this morning. Just got to the hotel at 5pm this evening. Im about to crash

Comment

We rolled into San Antonio about 4pm this afternoon. My daughter is with the team now going over a few more things before the contest in the morning.

Comment

What a cold and nasty day today has been, but it turned out to be a great day. Went to the Van FFA alumni jackpot show, and had a great time. My daughter Kinslie did an awesome job showing her pigs. She placed 4th out of 25 . My niece Took home first in her class then won grand champion pig. My daughter, niece and nephew all did a great job and the hard work is paying off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by phibob808 View Post
            What a cold and nasty day today has been, but it turned out to be a great day. Went to the Van FFA alumni jackpot show, and had a great time. My daughter Kinslie did an awesome job showing her pigs. She placed 4th out of 25 . My niece Took home first in her class then won grand champion pig. My daughter, niece and nephew all did a great job and the hard work is paying off.

Nice. Congrats on a fine day

Comment

Tough Goat show in Canton yesterday at the Vann FFA Alumni Show with a total of 83 Goats showing.
              Talen won 2nd in class with his 80 lb goat and Reserve Grand Champion with his 90 lb Goat.

And his brother was home from college to watch. Great day in the show ring!

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                Tough Goat show in Canton yesterday at the Vann FFA Alumni Show with a total of 83 Goats showing.
                Talen won 2nd in class with his 80 lb goat and Reserve Grand Champion with his 90 lb Goat.

And his brother was home from college to watch. Great day in the show ring!

Congratulations! If I would have known another TBH’er was there I would have stopped and said hello. In your Boys picture, our trailer would have been parked just to the left looking at them.

Comment

Well my daughter finished in the top 10 in the Intermediate division of the Horse Skills Competition at San Antonio Stockshow. She didn’t make top 3 so won’t know officially what she placed for a few weeks. They only announce the top 3.

We will be back in San Antonio next weekend for Livestock Judging

Comment

Originally posted by phibob808 View Post
                    Congratulations! If I would have known another TBH’er was there I would have stopped and said hello. In your Boys picture, our trailer would have been parked just to the left looking at them.

Congrats to your daughter, niece & nephew!!!

I guess I should start doing a pre-show post. This is twice I’ve missed the chance to visit with a TBH’r.

Comment

Nathan opened SA in the first class of the show (Light Maine). Got pulled quick and sat in 5 spot for a good while. But when the chips fell, he ended 8th, three out of the $. From a structure standpoint, I had no expectations with this one. Credit to the kiddo. He showed him like a champ! Shavings nudged to cover toeing out, just the right stride speed to cover some rear structure issues. Proud of him!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                        Nathan opened SA in the first class of the show (Light Maine). Got pulled quick and sat in 5 spot for a good while. But when the chips fell, he ended 8th, three out of the $. From a structure standpoint, I had no expectations with this one. Credit to the kiddo. He showed him like a champ! Shavings nudged to cover toeing out, just the right stride speed to cover some rear structure issues. Proud of him!
                        Nice Trey. I always put my emphasis on the showmanship side of things with my kids. Both have won showmanship at shows in the past and I hold that at a high regard. Always love seeing kids show they’re butts off and make an animal look the best they can even if there are flaws. We will be back in San Antonio on Saturday for the Livestock Judging Competition on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                          Nice Trey. I always put my emphasis on the showmanship side of things with my kids. Both have won showmanship at shows in the past and I hold that at a high regard. Always love seeing kids show they’re butts off and make an animal look the best they can even if there are flaws. We will be back in San Antonio on Saturday for the Livestock Judging Competition on Sunday
                          Good luck at the judging. My son will be judging East Central on Saturday and judging San Antonio on Sunday.

Comment

My nephew won Grand Champion at SA last night in the commercial steer show, big win for Ryley Brooks, also found out today he got accepted to A & M, pretty good 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Good luck at the judging. My son will be judging East Central on Saturday and judging San Antonio on Sunday.
                              We will be at both as well this weekend

Comment

Well my daughter had s pretty good day at the East Central Livestock Judging Contest in San Antonio.

She finished 5th place overall in junior division and she also had 3rd place in beef cattle Judging. She was super happy

San Antonio Stockshow Judging Contest tomorrow. Hope she has another good day

Comment

Working...
                                X