Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    It's a small miracle she found 1 man to knock her up, much less 4. Whatever you're imagining, it's probably not that good. If you're imagining a bowling ball with legs sitting on a pile of feces squirting milk at her fatherless children across the room, you're in the ballpark.
    Ohhh. She's from East Texas...

Comment

Originally posted by TA_Fab View Post
      I’m curious what the requirements are. When I was in college and no longer under an athletic scholarship my dad stopped claiming me and I was able to get some financial aid and grants. I was working through college though and paying for it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m curious what the requirements are. When I was in college and no longer under an athletic scholarship my dad stopped claiming me and I was able to get some financial aid and grants. I was working through college though and paying for it myself.

Current rules are..... be 24+, be married, have kids, veteran/active duty, or have a really unusual circumstance in which the school would issue a dependency override.

They may have been different in the past.

Comment

Out on your own ->working->paying your own taxes..kinda self explanatory - your financial aide is then based on your income and not your parents......

Comment

Originally posted by hbender1 View Post
            Out on your own ->working->paying your own taxes..kinda self explanatory - your financial aide is then based on your income and not your parents......
            and where did you get this information?

Comment

Two points - you need to compare your effective tax rate. what was your rate last year vs this year (total $ taxes paid divided by $ adjusted gross income = effective tax rate %). please share these if you want a good apples to apples comparison.

second, who did you pay $50 to? a CPA or turbotax? if you can find a quality CPA, you may pay $250 or so but will probably save that much in saved taxes and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                It's a small miracle she found 1 man to knock her up, much less 4. Whatever you're imagining, it's probably not that good. If you're imagining a bowling ball with legs sitting on a pile of feces squirting milk at her fatherless children across the room, you're in the ballpark.
                Reminds me of a few Sunday mornings in my younger days.

Comment

Originally posted by hbender1 View Post
                  Being a dependent or not on a 1040 has nothing to do with being independent on a fasa form.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                    Let me make sure I understand:

you make $100,000/yr

you are able to pay cash for your childs college

you had the government withhold almost EXACTLY the amount of money that they needed to (which kept a maximum amount of money in your pocket each month throughout the year without having to pay anything else additionally to them at the end of year)

AND YOU ARE UPSET ABOUT IT?

Do you realize how BLESSED you are?
                    This and only paid $1600 in taxes, even if you left a zero off it's still whole lot less than I have to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                      We all got a "tax break" throughout the year. They held out less taxes from everyone's paycheck. That means you "made" more money each paycheck.

Less taxes paid in = less refund...

This is simple math, not common core...

And I haven't received a refund in almost 20 years....

I have heard several times people state..."you got a break throughout the year, you brought more money home so you get less of a refund." Well that means my taxes were a "wash". "Tax Break" is supposed to be I pay less taxes. I could change my with holdings at anytime and fluctuate my bring home pay. Bottom line is for majority of middle class there were no taxes breaks. Only a shift in withholding.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I long for the day where we live in a world where folks can understand that a tax refund is not a bonus. It means you paid in too much in the first place. No reason to give Uncle Sam a free loan on your money all year. You should set your withholdings up accordingly so you don't get a refund. Put that money in the bank all year.

As long as I don't have to pay, I am happy.
                      x2 this I can agree with

Comment

This year we are paying about $4200 less than last several years, literally nothing has changed. Thanks Trump!

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          if you want a tax refund in future years, go change your W4 to withhold at the single and 0 allowance rate. Your employer will take more money from your check, send it to the gov, then when you file your taxes you can get your money back.

your rant is what triggered the dik wad responses.

I think what he is saying is-- nothing changed for him. Last year got back 1600 and then this year nothing. I wonder if he received 1600 extra on his wages??

You don't have to make him feel like an ***-- fricking grow up

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            this is a possible candidate for dumbest thread for 2019. Long way to go yet though.
                            😂

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
                              I think what he is saying is-- nothing changed for him. Last year got back 1600 and then this year nothing. I wonder if he received 1600 extra on his wages??

You don't have to make him feel like an ***-- fricking grow up

Read again!

He said “WE PAID 1600”

Comment

Thats it!!! Beto/Warren in 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X