New Fords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
    Used FORSCAN to increase the brightness of my running lights on my 17. Looks much better now! Before and after pics.

How did you do that?!?[emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post

FORSCAN software allows you to change some of the stock settings through the obd2 connector under the dash.

Comment

I used FORSCAN. Its free and very easy to set up. First thing i did when I got my truck was disable the double horn honk and enable police mode so the truck cannot be put into gear without the key fob inside (so you can remote start your truck and someone cant drive off in it). Those are some of the many little things you can change.

You can find the spreadsheet for FORSCAN here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ns1s/htmlview#

If you click the link and go to the setup instructions tab it will tell you everything you need to know to get started. If anyone finds it too intimidating, I dont mind meeting up and making FORSCAN changes in the houston/college station area. Can meet anywhere and takes about 20 min depending on how many changes you want to make.
        Last edited by CentexRancher; 02-10-2019, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Dang that’s good! I bought a used one here recently. No problems yet knock on wood. What kind of tires are you running ?

Nitto Hybrid

Comment

My 350 has been in the shop for a week now getting death wobble worked out.

Comment

I used FORSCAN. Its free and very easy to set up. First thing i did when I got my truck was disable the double horn honk and enable police mode so the truck cannot be put into gear without the key fob inside (so you can remote start your truck and someone cant drive off in it). Those are some of the many little things you can change.

You can find the spreadsheet for FORSCAN here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ns1s/htmlview#

If you click the link and go to the setup instructions tab it will tell you everything you need to know to get started. If anyone finds it too intimidating, I dont mind meeting up and making FORSCAN changes in the houston/college station area. Can meet anywhere and takes about 20 min depending on how many changes you want to make.

Darn just moved out of cstat at the end of last year! I ordered the OBD.... so were gonna give this a try !

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                My 350 has been in the shop for a week now getting death wobble worked out.

Change the tires. You’ll spend a lot of money and time jacking around with the lies the dealership will tell you and in the end, it’s tires. I have a please help me thread on here because I couldn’t get a straight answer and I finally found an honest dealership who tried everything and intimately told me to change my tires. Did I mention you should get new tires? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by wpcattleco View Post
                  Change the tires. You’ll spend a lot of money and time jacking around with the lies the dealership will tell you and in the end, it’s tires. I have a please help me thread on here because I couldn’t get a straight answer and I finally found an honest dealership who tried everything and intimately told me to change my tires. Did I mention you should get new tires? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                  $1800 in tires is a lot more money than free. It’s not costing me a penny, and I’ve got a loaner to drive in the meantime. After they’re done with it I’ll consider tires if it still hasn’t gone away yet.

I have also seen multiple instances where tires did nothing to correct the issue.
                  Last edited by TX03RUBI; 02-12-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I might have to get with you when I get back in town. Would like to elongated the double horn and enable the police mode if you can assist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What tires came on your truck?

Comment

If your tires are factory tires why should you have to spend $1k plus for new tires? Make them replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                          What tires came on your truck?

BF Goodrich

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            If your tires are factory tires why should you have to spend $1k plus for new tires? Make them replace them.

Easier said than done which is why the dealership will play dumb to the issue until it’s too late.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              $1800 in tires is a lot more money than free. It’s not costing me a penny, and I’ve got a loaner to drive in the meantime. After they’re done with it I’ll consider tires if it still hasn’t gone away yet.

I have also seen multiple instances where tires did nothing to correct the issue.

Yeah that’s what I did. My truck was in and out of the shop 4 times changing a part here and there to make it seems like they’re trying and I’m the end we all would’ve been better off splitting the cost of new tires.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                                Window sticker finally showed up on the Ford special order tracking website. All ordered options have been confirmed. ETA shows Feb 28.

F250 w/4.30 axle.........I like it.

Does the XLT premium mean leather?
                                How much lower than the MSRP is the invoice?

Comment

Working...
                                X