Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxes

I keep trying to figure this tax stuff out and it just ****** me off to hi helll. Last yr we paid 1600. This yr we are getting 29 dollars back. Whooooooooooo

Our youngest goes to UTSA. She doesn't qualify for nothing, due to our income? Yeah I'm talking NO Grants.We pay cash for all her tuition etc

Oldest is out and on her own. My wife and I barley break 6 figures. Cops pay and teachers pay so yeah no joke.

Whatever happen to the middle class income return with a bit of help from what we have put in? BTW the 29 is still not free. Wife paid 50 to do the taxes, so yea still 21 in the hole.

If we are doing something wrong please tell me. I would love to see a lil bit at the end of the yr.

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
    I keep trying to figure this tax stuff out and it just ****** me off to hi helll. Last yr we paid 1600. This yr we are getting 29 dollars back. Whooooooooooo

Our youngest goes to UTSA. She doesn't qualify for nothing, due to our income? Yeah I'm talking NO Grants.We pay cash for all her tuition etc

Oldest is out and on her own. My wife and I barley break 6 figures. Cops pay and teachers pay so yeah no joke.

Whatever happen to the middle class income return with a bit of help from what we have put in? BTW the 29 is still not free. Wife paid 50 to do the taxes, so yea still 21 in the hole.

If we are doing something wrong please tell me. I would love to see a lil bit at the end of the yr.
    What kind of exemptions are you guys claiming through your w’2s? Generally people look at this two ways- we have them take out the max and get money back and budget to live on what we have and the return is extra money for us. Then you will have people who want to play the get as close as they can game because they don’t feel like giving the government a free “loan”. So they return is just about a wash but every paycheck is bigger so they have there money during the year that they would get the return on. I’ve got two kids and claim 0 exemptions so money that’s “mine” gets taken out when I could have more every month. Just kinda depends on which way you want to view it. At least that is my ignorant attempt at understanding the mess that is accounting. I’m sure someone who knows a whole lot more will be along shortly

Comment

What's a refund. I've heard about these and thought it was an Urban legend.

Comment

If you want more of a refund have more deducted from your pay check each pay period. I don't recommend this as you will be giving Uncle Sam a free loan.

You pretty much nailed it if you got $29 back.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

You pretty much nailed it if you got $29 back.
          Not to mention last year you paid, this year you received a return. I'd call that a win.

Can't say you are in the hole when you paid to have your taxes done, that's a personal decision.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Some are complaining that the refunds are less this year - it’s because of the government wastaking less taxes out throughout the year - duh.

Just like EM12 said.

Comment

you have a lot of learnin to do dang thts not how anything works

Comment

C
                P
                A

You're welcome.

Comment

Get $29 back? You won.....Good job. That is almost perfect.

The IRS is not a saving account. Take $100 a month and put in a bank account until April 15. There is your $1202 tax return

Comment

Taxes suck......the only reason we get anything back is child care costs and tuition for my wife. Tuition drops off this year and child care next year, then we will get the $100 or so refund we usually get. We like our money up front and not giving free loans.

Whats frustrating is the people who get 8-10k back and dont pay in near what others pay in.

Comment

What is a refund? Haven’t gotten one in years. I feel lucky if I pay less than $10,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your perspective sucks..........

Comment

We all got a "tax break" throughout the year. They held out less taxes from everyone's paycheck. That means you "made" more money each paycheck.

Less taxes paid in = less refund...

This is simple math, not common core...

And I haven't received a refund in almost 20 years....

Comment

I long for the day where we live in a world where folks can understand that a tax refund is not a bonus. It means you paid in too much in the first place. No reason to give Uncle Sam a free loan on your money all year. You should set your withholdings up accordingly so you don't get a refund. Put that money in the bank all year.

As long as I don't have to pay, I am happy.

Comment

Some of yall need to get into the cattle business

Comment

Working...
                              X