No announcement yet.

How many MLD III hunters still hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still hunting in Trinity County. Tough year for us and we need to take a whole lot more does. Too many good eats in the woods and having a tough time drawing them out.

Comment

We hunted this weekend. We hunt does until we see the first buck with shed antlers or tags are gone. Bucks fair game until 2/28 or tags are gone.

Jeremy

Comment

Pulled my cam cards yesterday, 7000+ pics and 2 of them were daytime pics, pretty sure Im done.

We have 6 tags left, don't see it happening.

Comment

still hunting! got about 2 bucks and 6-8 doe left to kill...

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
            still hunting! got about 2 bucks and 6-8 doe left to kill...
            Us too, 3b and 3d...probably not gonna fill them.

Comment

We shut down does at the end of Jan to make sure no young shed bucks were shot and honestly those momma bellies are starting to hang low. Still after culls and holding on to hope that ole big will slip up.

Comment

I posed in the main forum, but why do some landowners prohibit hunting trophy bucks between Jan 20 through the end of February? Assuming antlers aren't broken off, seems like taking a trophy buck in February allows for the maximum passage of genetics versus harvesting in October/November of the same season...

Comment

As I sit in the blind again this morning, I am reminded of Einstein's definition of insanity.....that is .....doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Comment

I hunted yesterday and plan on the rest of the week until i get one more doe and then the freezers will be full. I freed a little nubbin buck from a hog trap before the rain started. That was the extent of my action for the afternoon.

Comment

Well boys, there is hope! I got a whole bunch of daytime vids of some doe on the 10th, I might be going this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                        As I sit in the blind again this morning, I am reminded of Einstein's definition of insanity.....that is .....doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
                        When our lease still hunted through February it really got to where it felt like a job after a while. At some point the work has to end and the anticipation has to begin anew.

Comment

Still after some does here.

Comment

Think we are going

Comment

I’m going this weekend to smack a couple more does. I had to dwindle down the freezer just enough so I can pack some more in it.

Comment

I may shoot a doe before Feb 28th still. Not sure tho

Comment

Working...
                                X