X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for thunderbeast. Love my ultra 7 30 cal. Use it on everything

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      For your stated purposes an AAC 7.62 SDN-6 can be bought for the mid $500 range and will do everything you need it to.

It ain’t the newest fanciest can out there but it’s a workhorse that will serve you well and save you some $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      It’s mount also sucks for swapping between rifles. Repeatability is a crapshoot at best. I gave my SDN6 away for this reason. The can itself performs well though.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
        Thanks for everyone's input on this matter. I think I've narrowed it down to the SilencerCo Harvester and the Omega. With the LE program I can get either one at a great price point. Thanks again gents
        Out of the two go Omega. The Harvester is meant for slow fire, and a quick mag dump on a group of hogs can kill it. The Omega isn’t much heavier, and is quite a bit more durable. Plus once you get tired of the ASR you can swap to the Keymo.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Over a Sandman TI? What are your thoughts?
          I’ve got a Ti and have shot a couple of Nomads including serial #1. The Nomad is just as quiet, lighter, shorter, and more options for configurability. The only reason I’d choose a different Dead Air can is if full auto was a concern. The Nomad will hold up to FA use just fine, but the Sandman line is built to really handle the abuse. For reference we mounted a Ti to a 13” semi auto 300 WM a couple years ago and tried to kil the can with mag dump after mag dump after mag dump. We killed the rifle instead.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            I’ve got a Ti and have shot a couple of Nomads including serial #1. The Nomad is just as quiet, lighter, shorter, and more options for configurability. The only reason I’d choose a different Dead Air can is if full auto was a concern. The Nomad will hold up to FA use just fine, but the Sandman line is built to really handle the abuse. For reference we mounted a Ti to a 13” semi auto 300 WM a couple years ago and tried to kil the can with mag dump after mag dump after mag dump. We killed the rifle instead.
            The few tests and numbers I have seen, the TI looks to be quieter by a few DB.

Comment

I’m no suppressor expert by any means.... but I went with a YHM resonator. It can be had with the tax stamp for a little more than $700 bucks. I’ve had no issues with it and came across an article online where they tested a bunch of suppressors and the resonator ranked up at the top

Comment

I want one.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                  I’m no suppressor expert by any means.... but I went with a YHM resonator. It can be had with the tax stamp for a little more than $700 bucks. I’ve had no issues with it and came across an article online where they tested a bunch of suppressors and the resonator ranked up at the top
                  Too bad the resonator doesn’t come in a direct thread.

I just started the process on a nomad myself.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    How much do the silencers cut down on the noise? I shoot a 270 and my kids shoot a 243. I'm kinda interested in getting one for at least one of our guns.
                    You tell me? No hearing protection at all. Using subs.
                    This is a Ruger 300 BO being shot by my neighbors nephew with a AAC SD762 can. Click on pic for vid. Yes they make a big difference. You will see. Open a trust for them.
                    KVID0720 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
                    Last edited by Tony Pic; 01-17-2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                      You tell me? No hearing protection at all. Using subs.
                      This is a Ruger 300 BO being shot by my neighbors nephew with a AAC SD762 can. Click on pic for vid. Yes they make a big difference. You will see. Open a trust for them.
                      KVID0720 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Nice, what do you mean “open a trust for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        The few tests and numbers I have seen, the TI looks to be quieter by a few DB.
                        Every test that Dead Air has conducted with them has put them within 1 DB of each other. You’ll never notice a decibel. I contract for Dead Air during SHOT the past few years, but had to turn it down this year. I’m also best friends with the national sales manager, and have been good friends with the owners just as long. I’ve shot most every can before they were even remotely teased about being launched as well, with the exception of the Odessa and Nomad. I was running the Ti on my 6.5 SAUM 6-8 months before they were ever launched. Suppression wise they’re practically identical with a very slightly different tone.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                          Nice, what do you mean “open a trust for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I’m sure he means get a trust setup so you can start the paperwork. You can always file as an individual as well, but IMO it’s not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            It’s mount also sucks for swapping between rifles. Repeatability is a crapshoot at best. I gave my SDN6 away for this reason. The can itself performs well though.

Well that’s just more reason to have one can for each rifle. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve got more cans than I do rifles which is why I gave the SDN6 away. My brother in law has faired pretty well from things that sit in my safe unused lol

Comment

Do most of the Silencer co. dealers offer the SPEQ discount for LE?

Comment

Working...
                                X