No announcement yet.

Here Comes Ol Man Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't really look like much now, some wind and cooler temps but the artic part looks to be fizzling out.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
      Doesn't really look like much now, some wind and cooler temps but the artic part looks to be fizzling out.
      yup, they are have off that initial forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Only an Indian can know these things.
        With this weather coming, I might have to take up tipi living.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
          Yeah this looks like it’s getting shunted off east of Texas. It is still a really cold air mass, we just aren’t getting a direct hit. But like Johnny said, this looks like it’s part of a larger pattern change. This weekend is the first of a series, maybe (I hope)

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Yeah this looks like it’s getting shunted off east of Texas. It is still a really cold air mass, we just aren’t getting a direct hit. But like Johnny said, this looks like it’s part of a larger pattern change. This weekend is the first of a series, maybe (I hope)

Yes. If it sets in, the next 4-8 weeks look to be colder than average for North America. The split of the polar vortex has opened the gate... just a question of who gets what.

Last week of January most likely won’t be t-Shirt weather...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Channel 2 is showing lows about mid 30s highs in the low 50s
              Channel 13 showing lows about 26-28 highs around 38-40. This is in Houston.

Comment

Yeah seems like low & high temps for the Tyler, Tx area are not as low as predicted earlier in the week. Earlier in the week was predicting around 24-25 Sunday & Monday mornings but now one shows 27&30 and another is showing 28&33. We shall see

Comment

any new updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

As we already know, the last series of fronts gave us here in Texas a glancing blow of that big arctic dump off to the northeast of us currently. The pattern change is still on cue (I think) for us to feel the direct effects of some true cold arctic air, maybe as soon as the end of next week. Until then we will warm up and have mild temps but I'm liking the pattern of good cold air reloading in the northwestern territories of Canada (our source region) and sending it straight down the lee of the Rockies.

Comment

Looking forward to some awesome weather to get some work done this weekend out at the GAP Ranch

Comment

Bring it

Comment

My business partner is in Erie, PA. Was -23 actual temp this morning in Erie!! That's just plain cold... Snow blowing around like dust it's so dry... NO THANK YOU!!

Comment

Just stop with the freaking rain! No Mas! Alto!

Comment

It’s cold here today, but not like they were calling for a few days ago. 18 right now, but up to 25 this afternoon and highs in the upper 30s tomorrow.

The real cold is 100 miles or so north of us!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                As we already know, the last series of fronts gave us here in Texas a glancing blow of that big arctic dump off to the northeast of us currently. The pattern change is still on cue (I think) for us to feel the direct effects of some true cold arctic air, maybe as soon as the end of next week. Until then we will warm up and have mild temps but I'm liking the pattern of good cold air reloading in the northwestern territories of Canada (our source region) and sending it straight down the lee of the Rockies.
                                I was coming here to post something similar. Models show some agreement on a more direct hit towards the end the 1st week of Feb. I’m not hanging my hat on it, but at least 2 agree on some cold air in that general time frame.
                                February could be a cold wet month for most of the state. Interesting to see what the next 7 days show

Comment

Working...
                                X