Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a quick sour corn/hog attractant.

Hey guys,

My father in law just surprised us with a visit and would like to take him hog hunting. I ran out yesterday afternoon and threw out a bag of corn and some hog wild but nothing on the camera yet. Is there something else I can make and put out there that works quick? He is only here for 2-3 days and all the sour corn recipes I read take a week or two. Thanks.

i use a pack of grape jello when we would hunt em at night.. worked great

Comment

Put corn in a plastic bucket and cover with cheap beer, the cheaper the better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Corn and diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A case Natty light poured into an ice chest of corn and set out in the sun to marinate

Comment

If you had the time, make them some sour mash corn liquor. Take a sack of corn, 5 pounds of apples, 10 pounds of sugar, 7 packs of yeast and pour into a small barrel. Cover with water and stir until mixed. Place a loose lid over the barrel and stir once a day. After about 4 days, add 5 pounds of sugar and 4 packs of yeast and stir until mixed. After about another 4-5 days, your sour mash is ready for the hogs.

Good huntin.

Doug Key

Comment

How long does the corn and beer mix need to sit before use? Will instant yeast or anything else speed up the process?

Comment

Go dig you a hole where you dumped the corn, pour half a bag of corn in it along with some strawberry jello, a small bag of yeast and then mix it up a good a possible. When that is one pour a beer over the top and cover with a thin layer of dirt.

Comment

cheap beer and raspberry jello

poured this in a trap that had plain corn sittin it if for a couple days, after adding beer and jello caught hogs the next day. Could be a coincident but seemed like it worked

Comment

anyone ever tried powdered gatorade sprinkled over bread with the cheapest beer added?

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                      Corn and diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      What he said!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^

Works like a charm!!

Comment

If you are trying to get him on hogs quick, I would do nothing, but throw out corn if I were you. Hogs can be very finicky sometimes. If you throw a bunch of new smells in an area, they will avoid it for a period of time ( I have seen a couple days, up to a week +). They are smarter than most give them credit for.

I have been hunting hogs since I was 9, and have tried just about every attractant. I have not seen anything work better than just corn IN THE RIGHT SPOT. I would find a trail, rootings, etc and corn those. Then put cameras on them, I am willing to bet you will have hogs the first night.

Comment

I baited this spot 2-3 weeks ago with some hand sprinkled corn and a cell trail cam and had 10-12 hogs the first night.

Now I go out and bait it a day ago and still nothing. Not sure if they moved or the wind is messing it that much or what. The area has been rooted up prior to my first corn feeding.

I just want to make sure I do everything I can to get him a hog. He has gone through some personal stuff the past few weeks and can really use a pick me up.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            A case Natty light poured into an ice chest of corn and set out in the sun to marinate
                            What sun ?

Comment

I don't think it's really an issue of the bait you put out. As you're probably aware, hogs are either there or they aren't. Very nomadic animals. If they're there and you put out normal corn, they'll hit it. I think the soured just works better if you're trying not to lure in deer (trapping situation).

Comment

Working...
                              X