X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After smoking*

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
      Yes sir, rinsed, soaked, and rinsed again. Other than LEM what are you guys that make lots of sausage use?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Other than LEM. I suggest looking at Allied Kenco

Allied Kenco Sales ia a butcher supply house specializing in sausage making and jerky making supplies and equipment. Our knowledge of seasoning, ingredients and sausage making techniques is extensive

Comment

Never tried that, ive only ice bathed my summer sausage because it was cooking. I smoked this batch in very cool weather outside in my smokehouse.
        Originally posted by Plan B View Post
        I think giving the sausage an ice bath after soaking helps prevent this as well.

Comment

If there is a Whole Foods in your area I would check with the meat department. They make their own sausage and they have the best casings I have ever found. They are cheap and they sell them by the pound.

Comment

Not close but i bet the sell online. I may have to try my local brookshires grocery store. They have started making sausage and i really like the casings they have. They are thin and even though the may pop a little easier, they may be worth a shot.
            Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
            If there is a Whole Foods in your area I would check with the meat department. They make their own sausage and they have the best casings I have ever found. They are cheap and they sell them by the pound.

Comment

Working...
            X