Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-refundable License fee for lottery draw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    So, your suggesting that a guy like me who will not use an outfitter, that has less than a fair chance at a draw should just be happy year after year to send NM money as basically a donation?
    All unguided non residents have the same low odds to draw in NM, that's pretty fair.

If that extra little bit of cash is really going to be a deal breaker for anyone then they really need to re-evaluate their finances.

I plan on putting in for the draw this year and yes, it really doesn't bother me in the least to donate to NM wildlife conservation on the off chance I get to hunt something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
      All unguided non residents have the same low odds to draw in NM, that's pretty fair.

If that extra little bit of cash is really going to be a deal breaker for anyone then they really need to re-evaluate their finances.

I plan on putting in for the draw this year and yes, it really doesn't bother me in the least to donate to NM wildlife conservation on the off chance I get to hunt something.
      It Adds Up Quick When The Whole Family Puts in.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

Pure stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Pure stupidity
            Not helpful.

NM is simply falling in line with every other western state. $65 is cheap compared to their neighbors.

The simple fact is hunting out of state is expensive and won't be getting cheaper going forward.

Texas needs to step up and follow suit. Most states are around a 10x multiplier in non residents. Why should we be any different.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

The punch in the gut for me was non-resident youth can no longer hunt the ‘encouragement’ elk hunt. Previously called youth encouragement hunt- now limited to residents only, youth and 65 and older.

I have friends in NM. They feel raked over by the system too. Residents have a hard time getting this as well. Worse even is a large % of elk tags are allocated for private ranches, some as small as 10 acres- yet can be used on public land.

At least in Colorado you get a fishing license as well. I hate paying for something you can’t use.

Deer bow hunters should pay attention to the draw tags. Sept and January seasons are now split. Betting sept tags will be easy to draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X