Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I need to do this.

Will get on a scale tomorrow morning, but last weigh in was 295 after Christmas.

Goal weight 185.

Setting a goal of 2 pounds per week.

Started exercising yesterday in the cold and wind. Not fun.

Working on a monthly meal plan and will probably follow Southbeach phase II. If I do this right, I should hit my target weight by the end of August.

The biggest thing I know I have to do is eliminate all forms of alcohol and fast food.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      Some gyms/fitness centers will use calipers to measure up to 7 spots on you to determine BF. Some places use the electronic handheld devices that will give you a percentage as well. My experience was the electronic ones would consistently show BF to be 2-5% higher than calipers.
      Well no wonder I felt great but didnt like the number on the scale in the past. I would exercise and eat perfect for months on end and never get below 17-18% BF on their electronic scale. Funny is that yesterday I decided I wasnt going to chase the BF number this year but go by the mirror and how my clothes fit. I noticed in the past if I weighed on their scale after I worked out instead of before, it would show a BF% about 2% less. Not sure what that was about.

Today was legs, cardio and stretching. Felt a tweak on my right side at the beginning of my ab workout so I aborted it, first time that has ever happened. Hopefully it was nothing. 1hr 45 minutes total time.
      Last edited by rtp; 01-02-2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Today was 25 minutes on the stepmill at 68 SPM pace. Then it was chest and abs. I don't really have any goals other than to just maintain my current body composition. Im 5'11" and 220 pounds. Around 8% bodyfat. 32" waist and 49.5" chest as of two days ago. Im comfortable here and can maintain this pretty much all year. My weight can fluctuate from 216 to 222 depending on my water balance at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Well no wonder I felt great but didnt like the number on the scale in the past. I would exercise and eat perfect for months on end and never get below 17-18% BF on their electronic scale. Funny is that yesterday I decided I wasnt going to chase the BF number this year but go by the mirror and how my clothes fit. I noticed in the past if I weighed on their scale after I worked out instead of before, it would show a BF% about 2% less. Not sure what that was about.

Today was legs, cardio and stretching. Felt a tweak on my right side at the beginning of my ab workout so I aborted it, first time that has ever happened. Hopefully it was nothing. 1hr 45 minutes total time.
          Those electronic bf% scales are highly dependant on your hydration level. You can make one read 2% higher just by drinking a few glasses of water. Same can be said for making one read lower by being a little dehydrated.

Comment

First workout of the new year done. Chest and back.

Comment

I've been back in the gym since July '17 and am down about 30 pounds and 3 pant sizes so far. Plan to keep going, not sure about incorporating a diet or not. My motivation is to simply be more physically fit, to be able to go on a rigorous elk/mountain goat/caribou/moose/whatever hunt out west. I feel like my hunting has already reaped the benefits of my workouts.

Comment

Chest and cardio early this am

Gained weight since moving to Houston and changing jobs in July. Shame because I was doing great last year until then.

Goal is to drop about 35 pounds and run a marathon at the end of the year.

Also with traveling for work so much there’s learning to travel and stay healthy!

Good luck everyone.

Comment

To figure Body Mass Index take your height in inches and multiply it by your height in inches. In my case 68x68= 4624. Then divide your weight by that number. For me that is 179 divided by 4624= 0.04 then multiply by 703. In my case that comes to 28.12. This is close to my body fat percentage because I have not been working out. Once you have been working out 3-4 months then this method is not as accurate as you may be near your same weight but have converted some fat to muscle which weighs more than fat. A male with a body fat percentage between 14%-17% is considered fit. I would like to hit 20% I am kinda like TexasBob too many Miler Lites.

Comment

Shoulders
                    Hiit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

7 days in a row, so Im taking today off as my body needs it. Back at it tomorrow.

Comment

Another 10 miles on the bike trainer last night. I'll do another 10 tonight and try and run 2 miles if the weather lets me.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                          To figure Body Mass Index take your height in inches and multiply it by your height in inches. In my case 68x68= 4624. Then divide your weight by that number. For me that is 179 divided by 4624= 0.04 then multiply by 703. In my case that comes to 28.12. This is close to my body fat percentage because I have not been working out. Once you have been working out 3-4 months then this method is not as accurate as you may be near your same weight but have converted some fat to muscle which weighs more than fat. A male with a body fat percentage between 14%-17% is considered fit. I would like to hit 20% I am kinda like TexasBob too many Miler Lites.

I never have liked the BMI figure. I'm 6'4/230 and my BMI says I'm over weight.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            I never have liked the BMI figure. I'm 6'4/230 and my BMI says I'm over weight.
                            Yep, my 30 yr old son just had a physical last week and the doctor was getting on him about his BMI. My son is in fantastic shape because he has been a serious workout guy since his highschool days. My son nicely told him he was an idiot.

Today was back, triceps and cardio. I had to cut it short today so I left out the stretching.

Comment

Legs and Hiit. Hiit kicked my *** today!
                              3 sets 30 second rest between sets
                              1 min fast feet burpees
                              45 sec sumo squat jumps
                              30 sec triple bears

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                                Legs and Hiit. Hiit kicked my *** today!
                                3 sets 30 second rest between sets
                                1 min fast feet burpees
                                45 sec sumo squat jumps
                                30 sec triple bears

I see you are learning that language that Muskles speaks, lol.

Today is all legs and cardio for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X