No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are off 349, 8 miles north of Dryden. We are right on Meyers Canyon. No hogs or Aoudad.

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
      I have a buck and 3 doe tags I can make a heck of a deal on if anyone is interested. MLD

Mule deer?

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
        Mule deer?

Whitetail, $800 for all. Any buck

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
          Whitetail, $800 for all. Any buck
          Any game cam pics???

Comment

We are off 349, 8 miles north of Dryden. We are right on Meyers Canyon. No hogs or Aoudad.

I bet we go through the same gate.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
              Any game cam pics???
              Haven’t had cameras running since beginning of season, check out page 3 for a few bucks we killed this year.

Comment

Does anyone know if the mule deer rut has already taken place or is expected to start soon? I am new to this area and typically hunt the January mule deer rut in New Mexico, but wasn't sure how it usually developed south of Dryden.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DWV015 View Post
                  Does anyone know if the mule deer rut has already taken place or is expected to start soon? I am new to this area and typically hunt the January mule deer rut in New Mexico, but wasn't sure how it usually developed south of Dryden.

Thanks
                  It should be going right now. They usually start around Christmas. We saw several leaving our lease last weekend, but not any big bucks.

Are ya'll MLD?

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    It should be going right now. They usually start around Christmas. We saw several leaving our lease last weekend, but not any big bucks.

Are ya'll MLD?

Yes MLD, Last weekend was my first chance to get down there and not many were paired up, definitely nothing with any age. Hoping to get back next weekend and was just curious if we were early or late on the rut.

Comment

Originally posted by DWV015 View Post
                      Yes MLD, Last weekend was my first chance to get down there and not many were paired up, definitely nothing with any age. Hoping to get back next weekend and was just curious if we were early or late on the rut.

Cool beans! I hunted mule deer exclusively north of Van Horn. We only caught them rutting once in the 30 years we were there. Since the season ran for the two weeks after Thanksgiving we rarely saw any rutting activity. The biologist for TPWD lived on the ranch just below us and she said it really doesn't start getting western until around Christmas then all heck could break loose.

About 4 years ago my partner and I were headed out for the last weekend of whitetail season. We turned off of 349 and I saw a really nice one. Probably 24-26" wide, very heavy, and equally as tall. He looked just like one I have on the wall that scores 170. He was with a doe and didnt' give a rat's arse about us. And we were only about 30 yards from him.

I keep seeing mulies closer and closer to our lease. I'm hoping they make it over there pretty soon.

Comment

Got one in the cooler, about to call this afternoon quits, wind is howling at close to 30 mph.

The one I killed his morning aged on the teeth at about 7.5, worn down dang near to the gums with most his dentine showing. Wish I could have seen the fight he had to break both main beams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Congrats

Comment

Awesome! Congrats

Thank you siñor. Now to go see old Julio for a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhtx1117 View Post
                              Got one in the cooler, about to call this afternoon quits, wind is howling at close to 30 mph.

The one I killed his morning aged on the teeth at about 7.5, worn down dang near to the gums with most his dentine showing. Wish I could have seen the fight he had to break both main beams.

74 pounds of venison. 14 pounds of chops, backstrap, and tenderloins. The rest cubed for sausage in February.

Comment

Finally!

I finally got this big pig knocked down Saturday morning. His name was Big Red.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BigRed1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	24566943

Name:	BigRed2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	24566944

Name:	BigRed3.jpg