No announcement yet.

Gofundme for the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$5,213,514 As of right now. I think the American people are sick and tired of the same old crap and willing to put up a small portion of their money to try and make this thing work. I did the math a while ago and the average donation at that time was just a little over $60 per person. If all Trump voters/supporters did the same, the goal would be reached in no time.

Comment

5.267M

I love the idea, but there is NO way I see this reaching 5B.

Dont get me wrong, I hope I eat crow on this.. it's currently reached 0.1% of its goal...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by hully1029; 12-20-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Military veteran Brian Kolfage has raised more than $4 million on Go Fund Me to pay for a wall on the U.S. southern border with Mexico.

Interesting Read...

I like where this is going:

And because it is not easy to give money to the federal government that is dedicated for a specific purpose, Rep. Steven Palazzo (R-MI) introduced legislation that would direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds that could be used to fund the wall.

Palazzo, vice chairman of the House Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee, introduced the Border Bonds for America Act of 2018 on Monday.

The bill “allows American citizens the opportunity to purchase revenue bonds to help finance the construction of a southern border wall,” the press release announcing the legislation said.

“This bill is a safe investment into the infrastructure and security of our country,” Palazzo said, adding that there is a precedent for Americans paying to ensure the nation’s security

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
          5.267M

I love the idea, but there is NO way I see this reaching 5B.

It doesn't have to reach $5B to send a very clear message. I can guarantee you, the powers that be on the left are cringing at the amount of money that has been raised so far, and the rate at which it is climbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            It doesn't have to reach $5B to send a very clear message. I can guarantee you, the powers that be on the left are cringing at the amount of money that has been raised so far, and the rate at which it is climbing.
            I absolutely agree there is some serious chocolate starfish puckering going on..

Comment

Gofundme will probably shut it down once it starts gaining good traction

Comment

The goal from the WH is still at $5B.
                Just heard Rush say that they would not commit to the $1 billion the president asked for. He was peeved!!! Guess it is all up in the air on what it will actually take. Dunno.....quite the mess![emoji36]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's my understanding that $1B is max for a go fund me account. Either way, what's your point?

My point was I wonder why they keep changing the goal, as I said in my initial post. It was a curiosity, don’t be so defensive. It would be interesting to know how they are determining the funding goal and if they have some type of commitment from someone if they hit “xx” amount of money.

Comment

Just chunked a little change at it.....figured my $25 will help buy a TBS of Portland!

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      My point was I wonder why they keep changing the goal, as I said in my initial post. It was a curiosity, don’t be so defensive. It would be interesting to know how they are determining the funding goal and if they have some type of commitment from someone if they hit “xx” amount of money.
                      Have you gone to look at the the Gofundme page? I think some of your answers are there.

$5.75M now. This is fascinating to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                        Have you gone to look at the the Gofundme page? I think some of your answers are there.

Yes. Granted I haven’t looked in the past few hours but I did look last night when it was $2BB and again this morning when it was $1BB and none of the updates discussed the change.

Comment

Well Trump is holding his ground & not gonna sign the senate budget...partial shutdown on the way I reckon.

Comment

I've looked at the GoFundMe a couple times today....it is moving up fast!

FaceBook has taken his GoFundTheWall page down.....not surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                              Yes. Granted I haven’t looked in the past few hours but I did look last night when it was $2BB and again this morning when it was $1BB and none of the updates discussed the change.
                              May I ask why you are so hung up on what their goal is? I guess I'm failing to miss your point.

My only understanding of the goal was it was set by the limits of GoFundMe. I'm only speculating, but maybe they set it higher initially and GoFundMe reduced it to their max. I've never setup a GoFundMe account so I don't know how there system works. Overall I guess I couldn't care less what their goal is. I'm just intrigued by the speed at which people are electing to donate.

Comment

Done

Comment

Working...
                                X