• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    CFM signs with Rays 2 years $30 million [emoji1532]
    Sad day. He will be missed.

Comment

Vaya con dios, CFM

Comment

I really like Uncle Charlie and sad to see him go. Hope he tears it up for the Rays

Comment

I think it will be interesting to watch how successful these guys that are leaving will be with their new teams in 2019.

Comment

Happy cfm got paid..
            Sad to see him not in htown any longer..
            Hope he has success.

Dont think stros are too worried about off season grabs.. owner has stated the budget has growing room..and the late season pickups seem to be a trend they want to repeat rather than spending a wad early...
            As rtp would say... trust.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              I think it will be interesting to watch how successful these guys that are leaving will be with their new teams in 2019.
              I don't think we've made a mistake yet.

Comment

gotta think that one of the mets or indians starters will be available at the trade deadline if we need a starter because Forest not quite ready yet...

Also, there will be a team thats projected to be a playoff contender that will be under .500 midseason that we can pick up a slugger from. Craine totally committed to spending the money but in a judicious manner.

Ideally Ted will rake like he did in the minors and we will not feel compelled to look for a bat at all.

Btw a rotation of Verlander, Cole, James, McHugh, Whitley doesn't exactly stink if youre projecting post mid-season.

Biggest concerns for me are an aging Yuli and the possibility Correa's back issues are a chronic condition.
                Last edited by mr. buck; 12-12-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Yuli will be fine... his age is not a factor. Trust me. Thats a road not to be travelled. Ever. Old cuban will continue to rake.
                  Carlos back issue will be something to watch for but u can bet the off season hasnt been an off season for him...
                  A gun at the plate and injuries to not come all at once would be something to hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                    I dont either. It will just be interesting if Keuchel and Morton can sustain the success with another team. Or if they will revert to what they once were.

Comment

So far we’ve lost 2 guys in Rule 5 draft. Riley Ferrell and Drew Ferguson

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                        So far we’ve lost 2 guys in Rule 5 draft. Riley Ferrell and Drew Ferguson
                        Fairly predictable losses and not players that were likely to hit the major league roster any time soon. Both have a decent chance to stick as the Giants OF is hot garbage and the Marlins are in full tear it down mode.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan;138557 05
                          Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Happy cfm got paid..
                          Sad to see him not in htown any longer..
                          Hope he has success.

Dont think stros are too worried about off season grabs.. owner has stated the budget has growing room..and the late season pickups seem to be a trend they want to repeat rather than spending a wad early...
                          As rtp would say... trust.
                          I agree. In Lunhow We Trust!!!!

CFM is worth $30 mil but that shows me they don't think he will stay healthy

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              I like it....just stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                                I like it....just stay healthy.
                                Agreed 100%. Now sign Cruz to Dh

Comment

Working...
                                X