No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are good bucks. Where abouts are you hunting ? Do you have hogs ?

Comment

Dang nice deer there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to all the hunters! Y'all cleaned house!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
          Good last 10 days for the crew
          Nice deer there! I've had some just like the first one on camera last year and let them slide. They haven't shown up this year. I'm afraid either the lions or the hogs have forced them to move. We are headed back out this Friday evening and will stay until Monday.

If I don't find a good one this weekend I'll burn a tag on a cull and take out a pig or two if presented the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
            Those are good bucks. Where abouts are you hunting ? Do you have hogs ?
            2400/349 area. We do not have hogs

Comment

Right after Thanksgiving I talked to a buddy that lives in Langtry. He is pretty connected in the southern part of the Trans-Pecos. I asked him about hogs along the Rio Grande and he says that they are distributed as far as approximately 25 miles up river from Langtry. We frequent an area (not hunted) near Shafter Crossing (South of Dryden) on the River. No pigs up there yet.

Comment

We got 'em....

and me and the GF are doing our best to thin them out or eliminate them. I've got cameras on 4 of our 9 setups and hogs have been on everyone. Hogs have been killed on the ones I don't have cameras too. Heck, we've probably killed hogs at all 9 stands. We are about 25 miles north of Pumpville and 20 east of 349.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0361.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	24563536

Name:	IMG_3493.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	24563537

Name:	Barrett_pig-1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	24563538

Name:	Javis.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	24563539

Name:	PICT0344.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	24563540

Name:	Pig#1.jpg
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	24563541

Name:	Terry#5.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	24563542

Name:	Terry#6-1.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	24563543

And if that ain't enough fun for ya, we got these suckers! Although, we have thinned these out significantly.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Name:	PICT0116.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	24563547

Disregard the javi pic. They're not as big a PITA as the sheep and hogs are.

We attended church at the Pumpville Baptist Church about 3 weeks ago and when I told them all we had killed was hogs, several of the ranchers attending thought I was shooting javi's. They nearly schitt themselves when I showed them the pics.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by SabreKiller; 12-10-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Yea all those pigs are a ways off from me south of the airport. But in west Texas you never know what’s gonna walk out. Could be a deer, bear, pig or person. It’s a special place those that hunt out there know. Here’s a question. Not to jack the thread. What tires are Doing you well out here on your ATVs and Trucks. I’m doing alright with KO2’s on the truck and ripsaws on the 4wheelers. No bad luck yet. Those lil micro mesquite will get you with a thumb size hole. Just wondering......

Comment

U

Originally posted by Rawbits View Post
                    Right after Thanksgiving I talked to a buddy that lives in Langtry. He is pretty connected in the southern part of the Trans-Pecos. I asked him about hogs along the Rio Grande and he says that they are distributed as far as approximately 25 miles up river from Langtry. We frequent an area (not hunted) near Shafter Crossing (South of Dryden) on the River. No pigs up there yet.
                    Hogs are going west while aoudad seem to be moving east... Will not be long before hogs inhibit the Rio Grand up to Big Bend... Hogs are also in the northern parts of val verde and spreading in all directions it seems...

Aoudad are running around just west of Langtry and will probably keep moving east along the river...

Comment

We are 8 miles north of Dryden and 8 miles east . We are on Meyers canyon, no hogs here. Not enough water, I think

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        Hogs are going west while aoudad seem to be moving east... Will not be long before hogs inhibit the Rio Grand up to Big Bend... Hogs are also in the northern parts of val verde and spreading in all directions it seems...

Aoudad are running around just west of Langtry and will probably keep moving east along the river...
                        Believe it or not, I've seen hogs 30 miles north of Van Horn where we used to hunt. I couldn't believe my eyes. I needed more ammo that day!

Comment

Just caught up on this thread, you guys are killing me, I do miss hunting that country. Congrats on all the kills thus far!

Comment

I hunted a ranch south of Sanderson just off the Rio in 2005 and we killed 3 feral hogs there in 2 days. Ranch owner said they would come up Maxon Canyon from the Rio during the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                              We are 8 miles north of Dryden and 8 miles east . We are on Meyers canyon, no hogs here. Not enough water, I think
                              Place I hunt is on Meyers Canyon. No hogs, Javi show up every now and then. Deer were plentiful before the gun season started. They cleared out quickly after that. Hope to go out there Christmas and hunt till the 29th.

Comment

South of dryden 5 miles we used to have javalina bouncing around. Have not seen one in several years.

Comment

Working...
                                X