Winter weather/travel precaution for Lubbock and points north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    Wow! We have about 4” NE of Lubbock. Not sure how much of that is ice. Headed out to try to kill some ducks!
    Not a ton of ice, but enough to make you **** yourself when you lose traction. Good luck with your duck hunt.
    I've seen more birds up in floyd county than either lubbock or Crosby. There are a few pockets around Petersburg and Idalou. Wish i was going, but shift doesn't end until 0700.
    Last edited by CaprockRoamer; 12-08-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

I’ve got a couple snow drifts in my back yard that swallowed my two German Shepherds. It looks like we’ve received 5-6” at least already.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
        It is armageddon at the grocery store! Market Street was packed!
        I’ve got beer, propane and a freezer of wild game. Just need some Copenhagen. I can melt snow for water if needed.

Comment

Be safe everyone.

Comment

Snowing good at my lease Between Jayton and Rotan. Couple of inches already but I am comfy in my Krivo and the Mr Buddy going. Deer running around better than this whole year just not my shooter yet.

Comment

I miss Lubbock.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                Snowing good at my lease Between Jayton and Rotan. Couple of inches already but I am comfy in my Krivo and the Mr Buddy going. Deer running around better than this whole year just not my shooter yet.
                **** it. How are the dirt roads? I was supposed to leave last night but got off work late and was exhausted. Hunting south of Roby. Pushing out of Lubbock isn’t looking good.

Comment

Driving from carlsbad to hobbs this morning and it's getting whiter the closer I get

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a family member in the hospital in Lubbock & thinking about driving up Hwy 385/62 from Odessa. I think roads are mostly ok from Odessa to Seminole but wonder if anyone has any updates from Brownfield to Lubbock. Are the roads icy, unsafe??

Any info appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxArcheo View Post
                      Have a family member in the hospital in Lubbock & thinking about driving up Hwy 385/62 from Odessa. I think roads are mostly ok from Odessa to Seminole but wonder if anyone has any updates from Brownfield to Lubbock. Are the roads icy, unsafe??

Any info appreciated!!
                      You should be good. Roads will be messy tonight though. So spend the night is best plan.

I have seen reports of up to 9" in SW Lubbock county. Suns out now, so its melting back fast!

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
                        You should be good. Roads will be messy tonight though. So spend the night is best plan.

I have seen reports of up to 9" in SW Lubbock county. Suns out now, so its melting back fast!

Thank You!!

Comment

7” in Idalou

Click image for larger version

Name:	BF80FABD-FEDE-45EC-8273-EDC5F0452DA2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	24563390

Girls 1st snow. Had to clean duck blood out before they could ride! Lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	14531DC0-BD0F-4962-B576-CEEB5CC84CD7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24563391

Comment

Working...
                          X