No announcement yet.

Ezekiel Elliott blasts NFL after fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B.S. like this and other things are exactly why I very rarely if ever watch the NFL ..

Comment

You ought to check into the taxes they have to pay when they play in income tax states; it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
        You ought to check into the taxes they have to pay when they play in income tax states; it's ridiculous.

You are very correct. This is a killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
          I would like to see the NFL donate the $13,000 to the Salvation Army
          Me Too

Comment

I'm not sure if he was retired yet, but back in the late 70's Jethro Pugh was an assembly line supervisor at Texas Instruments. On night shift too.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              I'm not sure if he was retired yet, but back in the late 70's Jethro Pugh was an assembly line supervisor at Texas Instruments. On night shift too.
              I think back then several of the NFL players had second jobs, much like todays firemen, this was not necessarily because they need it to survive, they just want to make a better life for them and their families down the road, hell you can't play golf or fish everyday, can you ?

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                I think back then several of the NFL players had second jobs, much like todays firemen, this was not necessarily because they need it to survive, they just want to make a better life for them and their families down the road, hell you can't play golf or fish everyday, can you ?

Of course they wanted a better life....that's the point of working. The money wasn't as good as it is now that they could play golf everyday. I doubt Pugh wanted to work night shift to pass idle time.

"With that in mind, maybe it is easier to understand the career path of Roger Staubach. He won the Heisman Trophy at Navy in 1963 and led his team to an upset of Notre Dame and the No. 2 ranking in the country. He volunteered for a tour of duty the following year after graduation. Staubach joined the Dallas Cowboys in 1969 as a 27-year-old rookie with a salary of $25,000. He would earn two Super Bowl wins in five appearances, an NFL MVP and six Pro Bowl selections during the 1970s. But Staubach didn’t let the fame go to his head.

Staubach worked as a real estate broker during offseasons in the 1970s while playing for the Cowboys. Not exactly something you’d see from Tony Romo today. “I was 27 and we had three children,” says Staubach. “I knew I had a family to provide for, and it was not crazy money in the NFL then.”
                Staubach worked under the tutelage of Henry S. Miller, whose eponymous firm was founded in 1914 and is one of the largest independent commercial real estate firms in Texas. “He was a great man and my mentor,” says Staubach."
                Last edited by Smart; 12-08-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I quit watching when Jerry and the team took a knee in week 2 of 2017 but that is ridiculous.. its similar to the old sharpie antics but c'mon

Comment

Working...
                  X