getting a .22 threaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting a .22 threaded

Well... I am fixing to take the plunge and get a can and a new gun. Figure on the RAR 300BO with a Deadair Nomad.

I have a Ruger 10/22 I bought in the mid 70's. Was thinking...might as well get a .22 al suppressor while I am at it.

1. Is it fairly simple to gt a 10/22 barrel threaded?...cost?

2. what would be y'alls recommendation for a .22 can ?

I figure to go to the silencer shop in Austin and get er done there. that brings up another question for the brain trust...

If I set it up as a trust...can I do it just for me at the moment and add folks later?

I know zilch about them...but want to play.

thanx,

With a 10/22 it’s not much more to buy a new barrel that’s already threaded and swap it out.
    To keep your barrel now if it has a sight that would have to be moved and then threaded. Morgan Richey threads barrels for @ $55-60 bucks but then you have to pay to ship to it to him. So all in all I’d imagine prob around $100 bucks but that’s just a guess.

Comment

I'm not sure on the other questions but I'd go with the dead air mask hd for sure

Comment

I went to buy a can for my 10/22 and the guy selling them told me it was a waste of money. He said because it was semi auto it would still be loud. Is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
          I went to buy a can for my 10/22 and the guy selling them told me it was a waste of money. He said because it was semi auto it would still be loud. Is this true?
          It will be louder than a bolt action but certainly not a waste of money.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

I would call Sean Cody for any trust related questions. I would also recommend him for the trust. He's a member here, texas-sc I believe.

I agree with the above, it's likely not much more to buy a new barrel already threaded and it will likely be a better shooter.

The simi-auto will be a bit louder than a bolt with a suppressor. Whats really quiet is the sub-sonic which won't likely function in your rifle. They won't in my auto pistol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

hmmm...was wondering about the subs in an auto... may just get the can and get a bolt gun later.

Comment

I have a threaded Tactical Solutions/Ruger with can. It is not loud.

Comment

My rifle and handgun, both autos, cycle 22lr subs fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol punch that dude in the taint!! I have a 4.5” AR 22 I built. It’s pretty quiet. Yes a bolt action is quoted but it’s worth every penny.

Comment

Sounds like a terrible suppressor salesman to me! A semi-auto suppressed .22 is a barrel of fun. Don't let him tell you otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Lol punch that dude in the taint!!
                        Seriously. What a moran.

OP, if you want to keep the front sight on your barrel, it'll cost more to have it moved after the barrel gets threaded than it would cost to just buy a new barrel that's already threaded. But then you may have to get a new stock as well, since the new barrel will likely be a bull barrel instead of slim profile.

10/22s are cheap. I would keep that 1970s one the way it is, and buy a new one that's threaded from the factory.

Ruger: 10/22 Tactical 22 LR Autoloading Rifle for sale at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore.

Comment

Subsonic .22 semi-auto with a can makes a faint "click". You'll think it malfunctioned.

Comment

Working...
                          X