Powder Selection-Reloading Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
    Your rifle may not stabilize the partition. It’s a longer bullet than the Cor-lok.

Ya that’s what I’m afraid of, hoping I can find a load that’ll work with them though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You might try RL-22 with the 120’s but you should be able to find a good load using H4831.

Comment

Going back to the ranch in 10 days so I’ll report back then! Any more advice is always welcome

Comment

Try a good does of imr7977. It’s a very stable powder, and has impressed me with multiple 257 bullets and great velocity. Works well in 7mm mag and testing a .270 this weekend. I’m using 7977 and a 115 Berger on a 24” sporter weight 25-06 getting just under 3100 fps and half moa.

Comment

Try your H4831 with the 120s, generally speaking better results are with slower burn rate powders as bullet weight increases.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
              Try your H4831 with the 120s, generally speaking better results are with slower burn rate powders as bullet weight increases.
              This will be the route I try first. Hopefully it yields some decent results. I may try the IMR 4350 on the 85’s to see if it likes it as well.

Comment

Working...
              X