No announcement yet.

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilbarger County. Northeast of Vernon on the river, SW of Vernon between Lockett and Crowell, and just west of Electra. He said all our pastures are pretty sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      Wilbarger County. Northeast of Vernon on the river, SW of Vernon between Lockett and Crowell, and just west of Electra. He said all our pastures are pretty sloppy.
      Dang, we hunt very close to all of those, sw of electra and just south of thalia.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
        Dang, we hunt very close to all of those, sw of electra and just south of thalia.
        You drift/float close It's getting crowded in Wilbarger county with 3 of us

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
          What county?

water, earth science, hydrology, hydrologic, data, streamflow, stream, river, lake, flood, drought, quality, basin, watershed, environment, groundwater, groundwater

Has anyone used this site before? There’s a chart with rainfall for the past week. I’m assuming that’s total rainfall of approx. 3”. Or does that mean it was 3” that particular day? Since the line graph has not receded but stayed constant or moved up, I’m thinking that’s total rainfall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It could easily be either the past 3 weeks! We got 2 inches today without a heavy down poor.
          Need to dry up to get fields planted! The site was way to complicated for me.

Comment

I’m a good ways from Vernon. My uncle and some other guys I knew hunted up there until last year. Said it was good hunting but I’ve never been.

Whatever the rainfall total is, it doesn’t matter much. I’m already packed up and heading to the lease tomorrow. It is what is.

Comment

I hope some of you boys braved the mud, it is some kind of beautiful out here today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I hope some of you boys braved the mud, it is some kind of beautiful out here today.

That slight North wind is nice!

Comment

Hosting my home tournament at The Territory the next 3 days. Setting everything up today and it is beautiful for sure
                  Raither be sitting/napping in a blind with the cool breeze hitting me in the face.

Comment

Dried up quickly though. Friday evening was slicker than all get out. This afternoon was relatively dry compared to all the rain.

Good weekend of hunting for us. One guy shot two pigs, I shot a 150ish boar but the rage didn’t get but 3” of penetration. I’m blaming the broadhead but better shot placement would have helped.

Got some 3-4 shooter bucks coming in regularly.

I still had a few young bucks running in groups. Spike and 7 point. Both 2-3 years old.

Comment

I’m hunting west of Vernon and made it to the lease about 1:00pm on Saturday. It was still pretty sloppy in some spots and all the dry creeks have water moving through them. Ended up shooting a doe last night and working on projects this morning. Saw a few deer moving around 9 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        Hosting my home tournament at The Territory the next 3 days. Setting everything up today and it is beautiful for sure

Raither be sitting/napping in a blind with the cool breeze hitting me in the face.

I played there last year, that is a really neat course.

Comment

Wilbarger county. 126 1/8

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post

Congratulations! I love those big bodied deer.

Comment

Congratulations. FatBoy!

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post

Dang, Your the 4th Wilbarger county tbh hunter. Getting crowded

Congrats on a nice buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X