Let em walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorcules View Post
    Is this thread serious? Why in the world would you take a shot on an animal and not track it? Isn’t that illegal also? I would lose a lot of respect for a man if he is too lazy to track a wounded or killed animal. ...smh
    Why would you put effort into going huntin and not plan on killing anything?lol.....That's kinda what I'm thinkin. Seems like a lot of effort to go sit in a stupid tree and watch animals eat corn.

Comment

Is this thread serious? Why in the world would you take a shot on an animal and not track it? Isn’t that illegal also? I would lose a lot of respect for a man if he is too lazy to track a wounded or killed animal. ...smh
      It’s about not taking the shot even it it a legal deer cause it’s not a good day for taking care of the meat. For me I do that 95% of the time. I enjoy hunting. And watching deer/nature is what I like to do.
      Last edited by Big pig; 10-14-2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Too dark, too hot, solo and have to drag and quarter alone, then eat late do the tick check clean the tools and then go to bed without a proper shower, bourbon and cigar. If any combination of two or more exist I can be perfectly content with a nice sit in the woods followed by the other activities I would have missed. Deer will be back tomorrow, freezers full and Food Land has T-bones for 2.99/LB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          .... nope.

Honestly the trailing might be my favorite part of the hunt. I love tracking deer

Agreed

Blood trailing is one of my favorite parts of the whole process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's not what the thread is about.
            It's about not shooting the deer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
              That's not what the thread is about.
              It's about not shooting the deer

Ok good. I couldn’t tell from the other posts. ...I still don’t get the reason for going out to hunt with the intent to kill something and then decide not to shoot because of a blood trail.

Comment

Ok good. I couldn’t tell from the other posts. ...I still don’t get the reason for going out to hunt with the intent to kill something and then decide not to shoot because of a blood trail.

I agree. My reply wasn't based on a blood trail, just sometimes don't feel like the long drag out of the woods or n the mood for a good meal at camp...... so I walk out early

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                  I agree. My reply wasn't based on a blood trail, just sometimes don't feel like the long drag out of the woods or n the mood for a good meal at camp...... so I walk out early

10-4 good buddy. Apologies to anyone I may have offended by my misunderstanding.

Comment

I go and sit in the stand all the time, with no intent to shoot anything. I just enjoy being in the woods. I have one buck so far on camera that is a shooter and my oldest daughter wants to try hunting this year and when she seen the picture from the camera she said that is one she wanted. (because it is a daddy deer LOL, she is 7). so I have only been sitting in the stand when I can, to just see which one would be better for youth season.

Comment

I have made the decision to not hunt in the evening because I did not want to go tracking through the pine thicket in the dark when it is in the 80’s, but if I am going out to hunt, I am going all in on the kill and everything that includes.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                        I have made the decision to not hunt in the evening because I did not want to go tracking through the pine thicket in the dark when it is in the 80’s, but if I am going out to hunt, I am going all in on the kill and everything that includes.
                        X2
                        If I don't feel like tracking I don't go hunting. I'll Just relax on the porch and kill a few 16oz's instead. The fun stops and the work begins when the shot is taken.

Comment

I love blood trailing deer. So no lol

Comment

Never a target or a "trophy caliber" deer....but I let does walk every hunt because I don't want to stink up my target buck hunting areas or mess with cleaning a doe on some hunts. Saturday nights are usually our big lease cook/campfire nights and I won't kill a doe or crappy cull and interfere with that. I can kill them other times.

Never have I passed a deer because I didn't want to trail it. I have passed on convenient doe and cull buck shots if it is raining so the rain didn't ruin the trail.

Comment

Working...
                            X