Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Texas weather caution this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my only weekend to bow hunt so I am heading to Morgan Mill tonight thru Sunday. Just ready to sit in a blind where its peaceful for 3 days. Its supposed to rain all day Saturday.

Comment

We'll take every drop!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        I’m going to van horn hunting this weekend. Hopefully the rain will not be bad

Sent you a PM

Comment

leaving tonight to head to Cisco the weather is turning around the game is moving morning +late morning early evening as well . time to hunt . plus will keep the gnats and blood suckers down argg the heat has been bad

Comment

You won't melt. Go hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
              You won't melt. Go hunt!
              I just might. Sugar and **** both melt when they stay wet too long. Now I just need to figure out which one I am! Probably a little or a lot of both!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                Cold front for use with the rain. High on Saturday at 58 and 54 on Sunday!
                Dude look at Monday, this is a BONAFIDE cold front coming down. We will likely get a decent freeze here Sunday night AND Monday night with highs barely in the 40’s Monday. Wintry precip Sunday evening, maybe.

Comment

Like others have said you ain't out there you ain't going to shoot him from the couch. The models are showing more of the Panhandle getting a lot of rain rather than West Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    Like others have said you ain't out there you ain't going to shoot him from the couch. The models are showing more of the Panhandle getting a lot of rain rather than West Texas
                    We are discussing this on another thread. Where is the Panhandle or where does it start and where is West Tx and what towns are in either.

Comment

Panhandle starts north of Lubbock, or at least thats how I explained it while at tech years ago.

We are discussing this on another thread. Where is the Panhandle or where does it start and where is West Tx and what towns are in either.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                        Panhandle starts north of Lubbock, or at least thats how I explained it while at tech years ago.
                        Not according to this description.

PANHANDLE. The 25,610-square-mile Panhandle of Texas was shaped by the Compromise of 1850, which resolved the state's controverted territorial claims. It is bounded on the east by the 100th meridian, on the north by parallel 36°30', and on the west by the 103rd meridian. It comprises the northernmost twenty-six counties of the state; the line forming the southern boundary of Swisher County in the central Panhandle marks the southern boundary.

The Handbook of Texas is your number one authoritative source for Texas history. Read this entry and thousands more like it on our site.

Comment

Well, guess I hunt in the panhandle and not west texas....

But I'll still say Panhandle started north of Lubbock!

Not according to this description.

PANHANDLE. The 25,610-square-mile Panhandle of Texas was shaped by the Compromise of 1850, which resolved the state's controverted territorial claims. It is bounded on the east by the 100th meridian, on the north by parallel 36°30', and on the west by the 103rd meridian. It comprises the northernmost twenty-six counties of the state; the line forming the southern boundary of Swisher County in the central Panhandle marks the southern boundary.

https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/ryp01

Comment

Durn it, I need it to dry out a bit so I can fetch the 2wd ranch truck from the muddy spot I left it in [emoji15].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Planning a trip to the lease next week for a few days.

Love to nap in the camper when its raining.

Comment

In Mason hunting now. Didnt rain yesterday or today, tomorrow looks like good chance then party cloudy and cold Sunday with little to no chance . going to try it untill Monday morning then hit the road . hope this cool weather gets them moving on Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X